+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Most Important & Urgent: Educational Credential Assesment for FSWP

vivek_vig

May 27, 2013
Dear 111, I am unable to respond to your PM. I am getting an error that I do not have permission to respond to PM. Do you know how to enable it?

Response to 111 query is: APEGA does not need attestation from IQAS. They need transcripts sent to them directly by the university. They also ask for experience details, which you need to summarise and provide references. They reach out to references for validating the experience. To decide if you need to apply for APEGA, check if the jobs are having APEGA membership (or similar authority depending on state of job location) as prerequisite.

vivek_vig

May 27, 2013
Dear "111",
You asked "Thank you for your message, my other query is do we have to pay each year for membership? is it compulsory? What happens if we dont/ I thought its like IQAS where you get your degree evaluated, but it seems each year one must pay/is this true?
"
My response....Yes it is true that we need to pay anual membership fee. if you don't pay then your membership is deactivated and you need to get it reactivated and it is easy process if done within 7 years of deactivation. Beyond 7 years' its a bit complex. There are some fields of engineering which expect you to have this membership as a pre-requisite for the job. so if your husband is in that particular field then you must maintain active status of membership other why bother applying :).
It's different from degree evaluation..as it is licence to practicing engineering in Alberta. It is illegal to practice these professions or to call yourself an engineer or geoscientist if you are not licensed with The Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA). Every province has it's own liscencing bodies. Hope it helps....

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2009
Dear Vivek_vig,

Thank you for your message. My husband has been told that he needs to apply for ASET and not APEGA, but he also needs some docs, like checklist and job description to be evaluated by a supervisor, but he has lost contact with his manager and theyre in another country. So what can he do? Also 12 months canadian experience is required ?and for ASET they need IQAS and will ASET accept notarized copies of trancripts instead of them being sent directly from the university as it will be very difficult for him?
So each year in order for him to be considered as being an ASET member for jobs, he needs to pay membership fees?

Please reply to all my queries.

Thanking you wholeheartedly