+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MOST ECONOMICAL AREA AROUND TORONTO

coke14

Mar 31, 2012
I would like to know the areas around toronto which are considered economical. I know such areas will be lacking in facilities ...may be far from subway or main roads but i am ready for that coz my primary goal is Survival by Cost-Cutting.

Also, i would like to know which type of accomodation is, in general, most economical. whether its an apartment or a condo.... there are a lot other types new to me..... just need a rough idea? Looking for a one bedroom with kitchen and bathroom. Utility bills are also a big factor in decision making. so which type of housing includes the utility bills and which don't.

Thanks in advance

Apr 26, 2012
Hello,

some economical areas in Downtown toronto are Sherbourne & Wellesley lots of new immigrants settel here 1st. Of course the condition of the building is no A+ but its ok for a start and they include all utilities cost. Around $900-$1000 for a 1BHK. This is also walkable distance from the Sherbourne subway. And is located in in central Toronto. Another location is “The Crossways “ at Dundas Street West, this is also super close to the subway, but slightly on the west end of the city. These options are for Apartments Apartments will ask you to sign a 1 year contract. And pay the 1st & last month rent.
Condo’s are more expensive.
Other cheap accommodation options include renting out Basements in houses. These would cost around $700 for a bachelor or $850 for a 1BHK.
Or you could look for temp or short term stay on sharing basis and then look for a place within a month or two, maybe when you get job & then move to a convenient location for travel purpose.

All the best in your search.

Regards

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
I would not live at Sherbourne and Wellsley if you paid me. Having lived in Toronto for more than 25 years I would pick Crossways or anything in the Parkdale/Junction area for new residents. Rexdale is also preferable to Jane/Finch and try not to pick apartment buildings that are complexes.