+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moscow Application Processing Office

fazimy

Apr 12, 2011
Quebec
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hanmar said:
Our medical runs out on June 8 ,we got request for passport on May 23th , have to send by pony express( it must be a real pony it takes 10 days to return!!!!!) . if everything is going OK we can have the passport back by June 6 Our travel agent promised he would have a ticket for my wife on the 7th if needed . We are keeping our fingers crossed.

Waiting, I would suggest you send for CAIPS notes it gives you a lot of information , and maybe send a mail telling them your concern. Our experience has been not bad. a friend of mine works for immigration in Toronto and told me Moscow is behind with the applications!! I am sure you will hear soon.
Good Luck Hanmar!!!

Hanmar

Mar 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The people working in the Visa office in Moscow are very nice , I send a email intended for my wife by accident to Moscow, the reply came by returning the I love you heart's to me, I guess the e mail was taken home????? how thoughtful !!!!

fazimy

Apr 12, 2011
Quebec
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hanmar said:
The people working in the Visa office in Moscow are very nice , I send a email intended for my wife by accident to Moscow, the reply came by returning the I love you heart's to me, I guess the e mail was taken home????? how thoughtful !!!!
This must have been an automatic response by computer. They normally might reply within 21 days. ;D

fazimy

Apr 12, 2011
Quebec
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys, I know that everyone is impatiently waiting finger crossed for a good news from the Visa Office. I cannot access the E-Cas with the file number they have provided my wife. My calls and e-mails go unnoticed so I am just wondering what is the average gap between AOR and POV? Thanks to the responder and best of luck for others ;D

Hanmar

Mar 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi fazimy,
It was 7 months for us, but others go most of the time faster between 5 and 6 months. We had a delay ,we forgot to have her university diploma (translation) notarized , and the proof of her active work history, not in her workbook. She was given 30 day's to produce , although
she send it within 8 days, the file was sitting idle for 30 days.Make sure you have your application complete!!!

fazimy

Apr 12, 2011
Quebec
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Hanmar, 5-6 months is still a long wait. As I see in Trackit, some lucky couples are rejoined after 150-200 days total precessing time... I will soon be visiting my wife and I deeply hope that I can be able to bring her back with me until September ;)

fazimy

Apr 12, 2011
Quebec
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Information you should provide in your enquiry

Please note that if this information is not contained in your message, it will not be replied to nor retained.

• Complete Name
    Date of Birth
    File Number (Letter followed by a nine-digit number)
    Telephone number including area code
    Fax number including area code
    Mailing address
Also please indicate if you are:

• The Applicant
    An Authorised Representative. If you are and Authorized representative please complete and attache this form to your enquiry | PDF * (52 KB)
    A Designated Individual. If you are a Designated Individual please complete and attache this form to your enquiry| PDF * (38 KB)
    Canadian Member of Parliament
Service Standards

Our office is committed to respond to your enquiry within following service standards:

E-mail enquiries will receive a substantive reply within 10 days.
Fax enquiries will receive a substantive reply within 10 days.

http://canadainternational.gc.ca/russia-russie/visas/sending_enquiries-demandes_renseignements.aspx?lang=eng

atethepaint

Star Member
Jan 13, 2011
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27 2011
AOR Received.
July 20 2011
File Transfer...
July 7 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 22 2011
Passport Req..
Nov 20 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 28 2011
LANDED..........
Jan 22 2012
I got a notice from CPC Mississauga that a signature on something is required, so they are returning my application.

fazimy

Apr 12, 2011
Quebec
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
atethepaint said:
I got a notice from CPC Mississauga that a signature on something is required, so they are returning my application.
Oooooohhhh,that is sad but it's okay just sign it and send it back via courier.... Unless, it is your wife's signature. In that case, you can use DHL. It is very fast and after signing your wife can directly send it to CPC via DHL. Good Luck! :)

shawngt2

Jul 18, 2010
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-9-2010
Doc's Request.
13-1-2011
AOR Received.
22-11-2010
File Transfer...
5-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-8-2010
Passport Req..
5-5-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-5-2011
LANDED..........
23-5-2011
Congrats Hanmar! :D So happy that the process is over for you guys. It's been great the first week of having my wife here. Now she's starting to get the bug to find a job because she doesn't like staying at home to be a housewife :) She already got SIN and bank account with MasterCard. So her first credit card bill will be needed to apply for OHIP. Also, we are getting degree equivelency from University of Toronto and also get her IELTS exam done. Simultaneiously applying for jobs in her field too. So things are planned for her to feel good about her life here. My family loves her already and she feels the same. Absolutely great it's over, as I'm sure you will feel very soon. I was so exhausted for days afterwards because of cleaning and preparing my place prior to her arrival. This week though my energy has returned.

I'm really glad I could help you, but I was not always positive during the process. I think I even deleted messages on this forum because they were all complaints and I would rather avoid complaining and dragging people down :)

Good luck to your future lives and to everyone else that will finish the long process soon!

fazimy

Apr 12, 2011
Quebec
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you Shawngt2. Your wife is adjusting well to her new country. Be happy with her and thank you once again for sharing your experience with all of us here on the forum. ;D

fazimy

Apr 12, 2011
Quebec
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys, What do they do in the background check and how long does it normally take? Thanks :)

paul911

Jun 1, 2011
Hey!
New to this forum. Just wanted to give some updates for all, to keep the info flowing. Especially for those with TRV issues. I'm a Canadian citizen living in Moscow with my wife who's a Kazakh citizen. My wife visited me in Canada before we got married on my invitation and TRV she got in Moscow. After that we got married, and I tried to get her another TRV for a visit. Got refused. Ordered CAIPS, saw among other things, that since we're married I can sponsor her, dual intent etc etc. That was last Feb. Fine. We applied for Sponsorship mid Nov 2010. Got Sponsorship approved on Dec 17, 2010. Got AOR on 15 February 2011. The ecas now says:
We received your application for permanent residence on December 29, 2010.
Medical results have been received.

Well, we're planning a trip to Canada now, so we're trying to get another TRV. I actually attached a copy of the CAIPS to the application and tried to address every concern the officer had before. Applied last tuesday, waiting to hear anything on the TRV at least. Will update once we get something.

Wa1ting

May 26, 2011
Moscow
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-28-2010
AOR Received.
12-11-2010
Med's Done....
07-13-2010
Update

Just found out we're awaiting the QUEUE FOR INTERVIEW - anyone had an interview in Moscow lately?

And can anybody tell me what`s the usual wait time to get an appointment date?