+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moscow Application Processing Office

AC99

Star Member
Jul 29, 2013

We're sending off the package tomorrow. 600 pages of proof [ including 200 pages of pictures of our life and wedding printed by a colour laser printer, 200 pages of emails over the last 2.5 years covering all sorts of topics, all the wedding documents, all of her documents in Russian and translated / notarized, future plans, receipts for trips, my background and accomplishments, my financials, business activity logs, how we met with proof ]

22 months for you seems so long. I'm preparing myself mentally for this long wait. It already took 1.5 years since we got married to organize this package and getting her medicals done.

ekaterina1984

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27.05.2013. Sponsorship approved 17.06.2013
Doc's Request.
Updated forms sent on december 18 2013
Med's Request
November 25 , 2013
Med's Done....
December 18 ,2013
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
21-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2014
LANDED..........
AC99 said:

We're sending off the package tomorrow. 600 pages of proof [ including 200 pages of pictures of our life and wedding printed by a colour laser printer, 200 pages of emails over the last 2.5 years covering all sorts of topics, all the wedding documents, all of her documents in Russian and translated / notarized, future plans, receipts for trips, my background and accomplishments, my financials, business activity logs, how we met with proof ]

22 months for you seems so long. I'm preparing myself mentally for this long wait. It already took 1.5 years since we got married to organize this package and getting her medicals done.
ue
Privet AC99!

Thanks for sharing, you have've been waitting so long to apply for sponsorship after wedding. We got married in december 2012 and applied in May, 2013 after our honeymoon. My husband got a letter from the CIC stating that he has been approved as a sponsor and that they forward my application to the visa office and since nothing . I was hoping the embassy would notify me that they recieved my appication.I just wanted to make sure it didn't get lost or something happened to it as I heard there have been accidents . I could'nt wait any longer as I didn't hear from the embassy of Canada in Moscow and I decided to email them asking How is my application doing ? They email me back telling me that ''your application was recieved by our office and was placed in queue for review'' that's all.Due to the strike action and the backlogs I'm sure they havent started processing it yet. Hope I get my visa in due time but my hubby is quite sure that we will be reunited by the next Christmas. ;D

AC99

Star Member
Jul 29, 2013
Privet ekaterina1984,

Yes, there were a number of reasons why we had to wait such a long time [ 1.5 years ] after marriage to start applying. I was finishing my Masters degree and writing my 20,000 word dissertation so I couldn't do anything but concentrate on that that for quite some time. I did graduate with all A's so it was worth the wait. After submitting my paper to the university, I went to Russia for the first time in my life last Christmas, to meet my wife's family and that was amazing. I spent the maximum allotted time there of 90 days. I had quit my job and everything to be with my wife. When I returned home to Canada, I had to start my life again and apply for a job etc (which luckily I got only 12 hours after returning from Russia).

I submitted the IMM Application this morning, so we're absolutely happy we can rest for a while. It was a 'draining' process just putting the 600 page package together, I can only imagine the what the wait ahead will be like.

The good news is that we're both going to London, England for a vacation in a few weeks so I will get to see her shortly :)

I read some of your past posts and the other posts in this thread. It seems 'nothing happens' for a long time and without many updates and then suddenly things start moving forward quickly, especially for Moscow. I hope everything works out well for you and your husband. Best wishes and keep us posted.

AC

ekaterina1984

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
November 25 , 2013
Med's Done....
December 18 ,2013
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
21-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2014
LANDED..........
AC99 said:
Privet ekaterina1984,

Yes, there were a number of reasons why we had to wait such a long time [ 1.5 years ] after marriage to start applying. I was finishing my Masters degree and writing my 20,000 word dissertation so I couldn't do anything but concentrate on that that for quite some time. I did graduate with all A's so it was worth the wait. After submitting my paper to the university, I went to Russia for the first time in my life last Christmas, to meet my wife's family and that was amazing. I spent the maximum allotted time there of 90 days. I had quit my job and everything to be with my wife. When I returned home to Canada, I had to start my life again and apply for a job etc (which luckily I got only 12 hours after returning from Russia).

I submitted the IMM Application this morning, so we're absolutely happy we can rest for a while. It was a 'draining' process just putting the 600 page package together, I can only imagine the what the wait ahead will be like.

The good news is that we're both going to London, England for a vacation in a few weeks so I will get to see her shortly :)

I read some of your past posts and the other posts in this thread. It seems 'nothing happens' for a long time and without many updates and then suddenly things start moving forward quickly, especially for Moscow. I hope everything works out well for you and your husband. Best wishes and keep us posted.

AC
I totaly agree with you it's a very drainning process, we almost had the same number of pages of our evidence. We are going to Italy this november and I 'm going meet my husband's family as well so it's gonna be the great trip I wish you the best for you and your wife too. Hope everything will go smoothly for us. ;)

Donhollio

Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2010
File Transfer...
June 2010
Med's Request
Recieved Feb 1 2011
Med's Done....
2nd medical completed 2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
JULY 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 2012
LANDED..........
Sept 2012 Only 22 months, thanks for the quick work CIC :(
I wish you all the best while you are stuck having to wait for CIC to get the documents processed. AC99, 600 pages is overkill! What they need is a genuine story of your relationship. 200 photos is too many, I think I sent in 5 or 6. One where she has her arms around me, one in front of the Volgograd train station showing the Volgograd writing on the building. And one or two of our reception, that's it! I did give a copy of our Skype chats and calls, though I edited out any personal IM chat we had. All tolled I think my file was about 1cm thick.
Giving them 600 pages to wade through only slows things down, and makes it a longer wait for the next guy. ;) I would seriously trim that stack of papers down, if they feel the need to get more information, they will ask. From your post I'm thinking it may be too late, and its on the way (I should of checked in days ago).

If you people wish to kill some time while you wait, you could click on the blue link below, and read my epic story of what I went through to find the love of my life in Uzbekistan!

AC99

Star Member
Jul 29, 2013
Hi Donhollio,

I will read your story this weekend. Yes it is too late to change anything now, the application was sent a few days ago and they've got it :)

- 600 pages sounds like a lot , but it's divided into 8 sections [ in paper based binders ].

- There are 3 pages of table of contents, well indexed, it literally takes 5 seconds to get to where you need to get [ eg: How did you first meet ? see Binder 4 p.5 - p.30 ]

- Each binder is a category [ sponsored person's original documents, sponsors supporting documents, wedding photos, how we met, skype logs, emails ... etc ]

- Everything is printed on 2 sides to save the environment and therefore it's not that much weight.

So, the rational was they will pay most attention to Binder 1 (the IMM forms + index) [30 pages]. The rest, if they want / need more info, they've got it.

Donhollio

Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2010
File Transfer...
June 2010
Med's Request
Recieved Feb 1 2011
Med's Done....
2nd medical completed 2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
JULY 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 2012
LANDED..........
Sept 2012 Only 22 months, thanks for the quick work CIC :(
AC that sounds like a very well thought out file! It will make for easy skimming by those underpaid hard working souls at CIC ::)

Don't forget to add updates below your user ID ;)

Malinka

Star Member
Jun 26, 2011
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
17.12.2013 (Re-med 14.05.2015)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08.07.2015 (In Process 25.06.2015; DM 30.06.2015)
VISA ISSUED...
08.07.2015 (passport stamped on 16.07.2015)
LANDED..........
Hello everyone! We are only preparing to send out our application (hopefully in a week). Just out of curiosity, is there a spreadsheet for moscow office? Would like to see other people's timelines just to drive myself crazy a bit more thinking how much longer do we have to be apart ;D

AC99

Star Member
Jul 29, 2013
Hi Malinka,

Good luck on your application. The closest spreadsheet we have is :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?hl=en_GB&hl=en_GB&key=0AoX6mUVoEWDCdEw4SGdWa3FJTTVoUzBMbHRlanFnakE&type=view&gid=0&f=true&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250&pli=1

My wife and I submitted mid October. We got a letter from Moscow stating that they would like her passport on Dec 30th. However, since she changed her name (last name to my last name) on Dec 25th, we have to now wait for her new foreign passport. We also need to fill out a couple of forms again. We don't know what the decision is, but I'll keep you guys posted.

Malinka

Star Member
Jun 26, 2011
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
17.12.2013 (Re-med 14.05.2015)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08.07.2015 (In Process 25.06.2015; DM 30.06.2015)
VISA ISSUED...
08.07.2015 (passport stamped on 16.07.2015)
LANDED..........
AC99 said:
Hi Malinka,

Good luck on your application. The closest spreadsheet we have is :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?hl=en_GB&hl=en_GB&key=0AoX6mUVoEWDCdEw4SGdWa3FJTTVoUzBMbHRlanFnakE&type=view&gid=0&f=true&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250&pli=1

My wife and I submitted mid October. We got a letter from Moscow stating that they would like her passport on Dec 30th. However, since she changed her name (last name to my last name) on Dec 25th, we have to now wait for her new foreign passport. We also need to fill out a couple of forms again. We don't know what the decision is, but I'll keep you guys posted.
Hey AC99, Thank you very much :)
I was thinking about changing my last name to my husband's name too now (seemed like too much work so far, but now I suddenly think its a good idea) but afraid to get into similar situation. Not that I hope for a process as fast as yours, but you never know. Good luck to you and looking forward to hearing the good news ;)

ekaterina1984

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
November 25 , 2013
Med's Done....
December 18 ,2013
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
21-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2014
LANDED..........
AC99 said:
Hi AC 99 !
Congratulations on the good news , I got PPT REQUEST on january 21 its stating

'' Dear xxxxxxxxxx
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Your file appears to be complete and we are now prepared to issue your permanent residence visas,
conditional upon a final admissibility review by an immigration officer. Your visas will be valid for travel to Canada until 27 December 2014. Extensions to this validity are not possible .

Visas will only be realesed if ,by the time of visa issuance , all information provided in your application remains COMPLETE, ACCURATE, and UNCHANGED and other requirements ramain valid . Therefore , if any changes occur in your application prior to visa issuance (birth, marriage, divorce, e.t.c.), you are required to inform the Immigration Section in writing immediately and wait for futher instructions. Your visas would be invalid if the information provided does not accurately reflect the legal status of each of your family members -note that you will not be permitted to enter Canada if the information provided to our office prior to your arrival in Canada is incomplete or incorrect .

To obtain your visas, you must send the following documents to the embassy of Canada in Moscow ( see beow for instructions):
1.this letter:
2. your and your accompanying family memebrs original foreign travel passports. Chidren must have their own passports:
3. completed Appendix ''A'' (see atached) . Please ensure that Appendix ''A'' is signed and dated by the Principale Applicant. We will only accept forms which contain the principal applicant's original signature.
Unsigned forms will be returned and will result in a delay in visa issuance:

You cannot submit the above documents in person at the Embassy of Canada to obtain your visa
you should submit them via our services provider VFS note that VFS charge a fee for the services.
You should submit the above documents wthin 60 days from the date of this letter.
Otherwise, the processing of your application will be delayed.
You shoud not make any plans to travel to Canada until you are in possession of your passports and the required visas.
Sincerely,
Immigration section
Embassy of Canada.''

Did you get something like this ?
They want me to send them my passport but my travel passport has expired so I'm watting for my new one it will be ready next week . Do you know how long will take to get my passport back with the visa in it ?

AC99

Star Member
Jul 29, 2013
ekaterina1984 , congratulations to you ! It looks like you've got it.
We got the exact same thing, except for my wife, she must arrive by September 2014 (because her medical expires).
My wife just got her foreign passport today with my last name. We will send to Moscow on Monday. We don't know how long it can take for them to make a decision and possibly stamp + send back. We will let you know.

vania

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Bulgaria
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
25.11.13 new Schedule A
AOR Received.
27.08.13/ from VO 30.01.14
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
June 2013/4.11.14
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi all,
I'm from Bulgaria, VO Bucharest, August applicant.

The reason I'm here is out of topic.
My mother was Russian and I'm trying to find her brother. In the Embassy gave his last address, but no answer on my letters. Is somebody know, where can I write to find out is hi alive and where live?
Sorry for of topic and speedy process for all.

ekaterina1984

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
November 25 , 2013
Med's Done....
December 18 ,2013
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
21-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2014
LANDED..........
AC99 said:
ekaterina1984 , congratulations to you ! It looks like you've got it.
We got the exact same thing, except for my wife, she must arrive by September 2014 (because her medical expires).
My wife just got her foreign passport today with my last name. We will send to Moscow on Monday. We don't know how long it can take for them to make a decision and possibly stamp + send back. We will let you know.
Thank you , congratulations to both of you too

my medical expires by December 2014 , I have read a few previous posts of some memebrs and I learnt that it can take 5 or 6 days for visa stamp issuance or may be it's depends on a case,anyway we are very close to it. The next step is Confirmation of Permanent residence hopefully we get it with our passports back on the same day .

AC99

Star Member
Jul 29, 2013
Hello, we are APPROVED :)

After my wife sent her passport to Moscow (from within Russia), it took about 4-5 business days for ECAS to show her new married last name. The next day the ECAS status for her changed from In Process to Decision Made. The passport arrived with the PR Visa shortly after.

3 years wait (since the day I met her). We'll be spending our 2nd marriage anniversary together here in Canada shortly :)

Good luck to everyone else still waiting for their results.