+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

moroccan canadians abusing canadian system

tarikMontreal

Mar 22, 2015
hello everyone.

i am a moroccan born but also canadian citizen. i chose immigration to canada because i agree with the values of canada. i am not giving details here. obtaining citizenship was not without sacrifice but i do not regret it. my concern today is that i had to come back to morocco for a short/long term stay because i have some unexpected and unwanted legal stuff that came up against my will. But during my stay i heard( not verified) that a number of moroccan employees from the moroccan government had dual citizenships. and as a good canadian citizen this is a bit of a concern to me. my question is : Can we verify this information first? Is this acceptable for someone who chose to immigrate to canada to work for the government of his country of origin?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hello everyone.

i am a moroccan born but also canadian citizen. i chose immigration to canada because i agree with the values of canada. i am not giving details here. obtaining citizenship was not without sacrifice but i do not regret it. my concern today is that i had to come back to morocco for a short/long term stay because i have some unexpected and unwanted legal stuff that came up against my will. But during my stay i heard( not verified) that a number of moroccan employees from the moroccan government had dual citizenships. and as a good canadian citizen this is a bit of a concern to me. my question is : Can we verify this information first? Is this acceptable for someone who chose to immigrate to canada to work for the government of his country of origin?
Canada allows dual citizenship. So what is your concern? They can work for the government if they want. Just like dual US-Canadian citizens could work for US or Canadian government.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

tarikMontreal

Mar 22, 2015
Canada allows dual citizenship. So what is your concern? They can work for the government if they want. Just like dual US-Canadian citizens could work for US or Canadian government.
thank you for your answer. here is is my concern. working for the government of a country means a a certain commitment to that country. if one has decided to leave a country and request the citizenship of another one, it means that somehow he is not satisfied of his citizenship of origin which was granted by the govenement that he is now working for. this is absurd. my only explanation is that those are parasites who want to take advantage of both system. and this does not work for us i mean canadians.

Tarik
Proudly Canadian Citizen

• Haha
Reactions: ashokleyland

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
thank you for your answer. here is is my concern. working for the government of a country means a a certain commitment to that country. if one has decided to leave a country and request the citizenship of another one, it means that somehow he is not satisfied of his citizenship of origin which was granted by the govenement that he is now working for. this is absurd. my only explanation is that those are parasites who want to take advantage of both system. and this does not work for us i mean canadians.

Tarik
Proudly Canadian Citizen
But many countries allow dual citizenship especially UK/Cdn and US/CDN. Many are proud Canadians but also proud Americans for example. Many of my friends are dual citizens, and they are not parasites. Why can’t that person work for one or the other governments? It doesn’t mean a person is less Canadian if he/she works in the US for a US agency. How are they parasites? Being a Canadian citizen and working outside the country (don’t have to be a dual citizen) is not taking advantage of your citizenship. If not in Canada, you are not a tax resident of Canada so cannot access nor use health/social services. If you move back to Canada to work then you become a tax resident and can assess services. Also if you aren’t working in Canada, you don’t access CPP so when you get older, if you didn’t pay into the system you don’t get money.

If you think these dual citizens are parasites then lobby the Canadian and Moroccan governments, and all countries that allow dual (UK, European countries) and tell those countries to stop the practice.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Tarik
Proudly Canadian Citizen
This is your personal view. You are entitled to your personal view.

The law says otherwise. What they are doing is allowed by law and nothing they are doing is illegal.

tarikMontreal

Mar 22, 2015
But many countries allow dual citizenship especially UK/Cdn and US/CDN. Many are proud Canadians but also proud Americans for example. Many of my friends are dual citizens, and they are not parasites. Why can’t that person work for one or the other governments? It doesn’t mean a person is less Canadian if he/she works in the US for a US agency. How are they parasites? Being a Canadian citizen and working outside the country (don’t have to be a dual citizen) is not taking advantage of your citizenship. If not in Canada, you are not a tax resident of Canada so cannot access nor use health/social services. If you move back to Canada to work then you become a tax resident and can assess services. Also if you aren’t working in Canada, you don’t access CPP so when you get older, if you didn’t pay into the system you don’t get money.

If you think these dual citizens are parasites then lobby the Canadian and Moroccan governments, and all countries that allow dual (UK, European countries) and tell those countries to stop the practice.
first of all , the governments do allow dual citizenship at the time being. but if you followed the news recently there has been a lot of discussion and debate about that during the last decade or so. so it is not as obvious as you might think.

secondly, you mentioned situations of people working overseas or for a foreign company. i personally think this is totally acceptable in some cases as we live in a global economy and trades and the business has no borders nowadays. But coming back to your country of origin when you just claimed and got granted a citizenship of to Canada to work for the government of that foreign country is to me not acceptable especially when the 2 countries share very few to no values at all. Let me explain myself, I am Iranian born for instance i left Iranian and adopted the values of Canada ( freedom of speech, gender equality, lgbt rights, human rights....) , then I go back to Iran and work for iranian governement who the does exact opposite and say i am a proud canadian. that does not make sense unless being a cheater or a hypocryte.

• Haha
Reactions: ashokleyland