+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

more than one working permit

asdmhee

Star Member
Feb 1, 2013
Hi. Please help.

I have 2 existing working permit. I applied with other employer and my working permit has been approved. I did not pursue my application with the new employer because my existing employer offered me to increase my salary just to stay with them. What will happen to the unused working permit. Will I get a trouble if in the future I will apply for a permanent residency? Thanks

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
I think your old work permit gets invalidated once you get the new work permit..

better to call CIC and conform with them..

asdmhee

Star Member
Feb 1, 2013
Thank you for your reply. Even if I did not pursue the new one and I just continue the old one? Do I need to cancel the working permit that I did not use?

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
asdmhee said:
Hi. Please help.

I have 2 existing working permit. I applied with other employer and my working permit has been approved. I did not pursue my application with the new employer because my existing employer offered me to increase my salary just to stay with them. What will happen to the unused working permit. Will I get a trouble if in the future I will apply for a permanent residency? Thanks
I have 2 valid work permits throughout most of my PR application and they are still both valid right now. This is completely fine.

canada.msn

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2013
AOR Received.
07-Nov-2013
asdmhee said:
Thank you for your reply. Even if I did not pursue the new one and I just continue the old one? Do I need to cancel the working permit that I did not use?
Hi there, this is absolutely ok. You can have multiple valid work permits no issues ad they both are valid until the expiry dates on the permits. However you can only work for one employer at one time. There wont be any issue with your PR application. If you have any specific question you can send pm to me i can clarify, i was in the same situation and just landed as PR last weekend. So chill and dont worry.

asdmhee

Star Member
Feb 1, 2013
canada.msn said:
Hi there, this is absolutely ok. You can have multiple valid work permits no issues ad they both are valid until the expiry dates on the permits. However you can only work for one employer at one time. There wont be any issue with your PR application. If you have any specific question you can send pm to me i can clarify, i was in the same situation and just landed as PR last weekend. So chill and dont worry.
Hi there. Thank you for the reply. If there are some questions that I need to know I will definitely ask you. What province are you right now?

canada.msn

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2013
AOR Received.
07-Nov-2013
asdmhee said:
Hi there. Thank you for the reply. If there are some questions that I need to know I will definitely ask you. What province are you right now?
BC dude