+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

More than a year of work experience, but not in NOC 0, A or B

jettiemeister

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016
Hello community,
First of all, very thankful for everybody on this forum. It has helped me immensely in my journey.

Short summary:
Currently on 3 year PGWP (exp. Feb 2022)
Graduated with a Masters from Royal Roads Uni
Working in a NOC Type C job (Part time Jul 2017-Nov 2018; Full time Dec 2018-current)
Residing in BC

I want to check my options regarding my qualification for PR. I understand there is EE and PNP. Under EE, 1 year NOC 0, A, B experience is mandatory. But my work experience is not under that NOC category. Even under BC PNP (various streams), the requirement is for 1 year experience in the NOC 0, A, B job level.

What are my options if I don't have job experience in NOC 0, A, B? Is there a way for me to apply for PR through a stream that makes me eligible? If so, what are the approx timelines for the PR process?
I have been working with the same company since I moved to Canada in May 2017 (as a Travel consultant). I have a CRS score of 505 (with tentative IELTS scores). The only hurdle is the NOC 0, A, B work experience requirement.

Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello community,
First of all, very thankful for everybody on this forum. It has helped me immensely in my journey.

Short summary:
Currently on 3 year PGWP (exp. Feb 2022)
Graduated with a Masters from Royal Roads Uni
Working in a NOC Type C job (Part time Jul 2017-Nov 2018; Full time Dec 2018-current)
Residing in BC

I want to check my options regarding my qualification for PR. I understand there is EE and PNP. Under EE, 1 year NOC 0, A, B experience is mandatory. But my work experience is not under that NOC category. Even under BC PNP (various streams), the requirement is for 1 year experience in the NOC 0, A, B job level.

What are my options if I don't have job experience in NOC 0, A, B? Is there a way for me to apply for PR through a stream that makes me eligible? If so, what are the approx timelines for the PR process?
I have been working with the same company since I moved to Canada in May 2017 (as a Travel consultant). I have a CRS score of 505 (with tentative IELTS scores). The only hurdle is the NOC 0, A, B work experience requirement.

Thank you.
Have you looked at the BC PNP semi-skilled stream? I think that's probably your only option given the province you're living in.

Very strongly recommend that you try securing a NOC A, B or 0 role.

jettiemeister

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016
Have you looked at the BC PNP semi-skilled stream? I think that's probably your only option given the province you're living in.

Very strongly recommend that you try securing a NOC A, B or 0 role.
Thanks, yes I did read about the semi-skilled stream. What is the difference between this and other streams? Do you have any idea about processing timelines?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks, yes I did read about the semi-skilled stream. What is the difference between this and other streams? Do you have any idea about processing timelines?
I can't comment on the details of the program - I'm not familiar enough with the details. But it's all on the BC PNP site so very easy for you to research.

PNP processing times are generally longer than EE and CEC. However you don't qualify for EE or CEC - so those are not options.