AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
11-04-2014
Med's Done....
17-02-2014
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
Hello! I've got a couple more questions in regards to the application!

- Mailing address - My Husband (the applicant) and I (the sponsor) do not have a mailing address. I can put my father's address (in Canada) on the sponsor application, but what should my husband put? Can he use that address as well, even though it's a Canadian address?

- What is a UCI?

- 'Immigration office requested for processing this application' - I am assuming we put the embassy where we would like the application processed?

- 'National Identity Document' - I am assuming this would mean his ID card (issued by the government?)

Sorry if these seem like very silly or obvious questions, I just want to be sure everything is filled out perfectly!

Thanks!

hubby chubby

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
MonTreaL CiTy
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-O/ISB/LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013/Nov 2013
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2013
Med's Request
Aug 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
ppr-1 & 2 june 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 2014
LANDED..........
July 2014
I don't seem to understand how you guys don't have an address, where do you guys live? lol

UCI is given after initial process of file from immigration canada.

Immigration office means what office is related to the applicant country from where he will apply. (like new delhi, singapore, london, ottawa, ect...)

Yes ID card from government.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Actually, in my home country most people don't have a mailing address. That's because mail is delivered to post office boxes. So only people expecting mail sign up for post office boxes. Otherwise, things are hand delivered from family to family/friends.

@ angryrectangle...

1. We put our lawyer's mailing address, telephone number and email address on IMM 0008 eventhough my hubby isn't in Canada. How about putting the Canadian address and writing "C/o (care of) your Dad's name"? If you are still worried, consider writing a cover letter explaining why you don't have a mailing address where you live. It is more likely they will use your email address anyway.

2. UCI is Unique Client Identification, an 8-digit number which usually begins with 5 e.g. 5xxx-xxxx. If your husband has ever applied for any type of visa or permit, he has this number. Sometimes it is also called a "Client ID". If he doesn't have it, write 'N/A'(not applicable).

3. immigration office requested for processing this application - you can choose a visa office that processes applications from his country of nationality or his country of residence(if he is legally admitted to that country). Use this link to find out(scroll down): http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp#c

NOTE: you have to mail the entire package to CPC Mississauga, Ontario and after they approve you to sponsor him, they will then mail it to the visa office you have selected. Here's their address: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/mississauga.asp

4. If his home country issues an Identity Document and he has it, write the number and date of issue and of expiry. Also attach a copy of the document or if it's an ID card,copy of front and back of card.

hubby chubby said:
I don't seem to understand how you guys don't have an address, where do you guys live? lol

UCI is given after initial process of file from immigration canada.

Immigration office means what office is related to the applicant country from where he will apply. (like new delhi, singapore, london, ottawa, ect...)

Yes ID card from government.

angryrectangle

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
11-04-2014
Med's Done....
17-02-2014
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
SenoritaBella said:
Actually, in my home country most people don't have a mailing address. That's because mail is delivered to post office boxes. So only people expecting mail sign up for post office boxes. Otherwise, things are hand delivered from family to family/friends.

@ angryrectangle...

Don't know if this helps, but we put our lawyer's mailing address, telephone number and email address on IMM 0008 eventhough my hubby isn't in Canada. How about putting the Canadian address and writing "C/o (care of) your Dad's name"? If you are still worried, consider writing a cover letter explaining why you don't have a mailing address where you live. It is more likely they will use your email address anyway. residential address anyway.
Yup! We don't even have an official address.. even on the paperwork for our lease it just says the street name, and that its 'across from the bookstore'. I was thinking to put my dad's address with c/o, and add a letter explaining that we have no mailing address, plus our residential address doesn't include a building number/apartment number/etc.

Thanks guys!