+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

More people failing revamped citizenship tests

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
More people failing revamped citizenship tests
Minister says department shortening waiting time for rewrites

An increasing number of landed immigrants are struggling to complete the final stage before becoming citizens: passing the citizenship exam.

The failure rates have increased significantly since Citizenship and Immigration Canada introduced new and harder tests last year on March 28 and July 23.

According to statistics obtained through the Access to Information Act and released to CBC News Network's Power & Politics, the hardest hit are individuals in the "family class" who, according to the department's analysis, typically have lower levels of education.

For instance, individuals with a bachelor's degree saw their pass rate decrease from 95 per cent to 87 per cent, while individuals with a high school education or less, saw their pass rate descend from 70 per cent to 55 per cent.

Continue Reading....

leafchi

Jun 3, 2013
Hello everyone, I took my test on 05/JUN/2013, and I was terrified by recent media reports and data on increased failing rate prior to my test date. To minimize anxiety and worrisome future test takers may have before the test, I would like to share my experience in preparation of the citizenship test.

1) Although the current version of the test is RELATIVELY HARDER than the previous versions that were set-up based on the old study guide but not SIGNIFICANT. I would still rate the test to be EASY.

2) It is because there are no TRICKY questions nor MISLEADING choices in a particular multiple-choice question, which means each choice is clearly distinct from the others. I would say the tests in Junior High are way much harder.

3) While studying the guide, Discover Canada, you are highly recommended to make your own notes and chronological timeline with brief descriptions.

4) Do as much practice tests as possible, I noticed some people claimed they do not help much; however, I found they are similar to the real test in high degree. At least, they high-lighten the key stuffs in the guide. Please DO NOT memorize their "ANSWERS".

Anyways, Good Lucks :D

123sMike

Star Member
May 20, 2013
I dont understand why was the test made harder and passing marks increased from 60 to 75%, looks like there are more applicants then before and CIC is not ready to intake more than needed??

jellyace

Apr 28, 2013
took the test last May 30, 2013. I can say test is very very very easy! some of the questions have common sense answers. no tricky or misleading questions that will confused you. there are no important dates even to remember except of course canada day. so to all people who are sched to take the test or preparing to take the test. JUST READ THE BOOK AND UNDERSTAND CANADA. online test are harder compared to the actual test itself. even grade school students can perfect the test. no worries peeps just read and understand.