+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

More documents asked after passing citizenship exam

Chantal80

Jun 4, 2020
Hello Everybody. Am glad to be there and hopefully I could add my contribution to this great forum.

Well, I would like to know if some of us has passed and succeed the citizenship exam in Montreal and after the interview with the citizeship agent he sent a letter to ask more documents like banks statements,house rental proof, etc....So When you sent it, how much months later did you receive a decision please?

Thank you

Anastasia_Y

Jan 10, 2016
I was asked for bank statements, entry/exit records from the US and employment proof (all for 5 years of my eligibility period) a week after the test in Ottawa. Took me a couple of weeks to gather the docs and a couple of days to deliver by post. I got decision made within a week after they received my documents.

Chantal80

Jun 4, 2020
I was asked for bank statements, entry/exit records from the US and employment proof (all for 5 years of my eligibility period) a week after the test in Ottawa. Took me a couple of weeks to gather the docs and a couple of days to deliver by post. I got decision made within a week after they received my documents.
Thank you for your reply. Ottaw's agents are very quick...but my case is at Montreal unfortunatly

SinghSandeep

Mar 19, 2020
Hello Everybody. Am glad to be there and hopefully I could add my contribution to this great forum.

Well, I would like to know if some of us has passed and succeed the citizenship exam in Montreal and after the interview with the citizenship agent he sent a letter to ask more documents like banks statements,house rental proof, etc....So When you sent it, how much months later did you receive a decision please?

Thank you
Hi there,
Hope you are doing great . Could you please share your timeline . I wonder what would be the purpose for requesting bank statement and rental proof since I have never heard of that before.
Thanks

Reactions: rahuul.chawla

omerhaha

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
Hi there,
Hope you are doing great . Could you please share your timeline . I wonder what would be the purpose for requesting bank statement and rental proof since I have never heard of that before.
Thanks
This is just to confirm that you was resident in Canada for three years out of the last five years