Waived
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
LANDED..........
15-06-2015
steaky said:
Probably Ottawa. It's the country's "Silicon Valley".
Hi, I m new here. Its nice to see a lot of solutions are here! However I need some expert advice regarding below...

I am an industrial engineer and my wife is financial analyst. Both of we hv 6+ job experience. she is the primary applicant of PR application as her IELTS score is higher and our application is just received this month (acknowledged). I saw, my job experience is satisfy the demand for the post of "Engineering Manager" & "Manufacturing Manager"( if manufacturing product is not an issue & my experience is on RMG sector(ready made garment)). Now please advice which place is most suitable for us to get settled and to get job quickly(of course if we get green signal from PR processing).

Please note i hv to leave parents in my country and I hv to bear their living cost (aprox $260/month). Apart from that I hv an active bank loan to settle in next 5 years($156/month). In addition my son is 3Y+ so need to think abt his childcare (if both of we go for work).

So u guys are understand in what pressure I am specifically to manage fund for living. I can manage our living in Canada for 2-3 months if we go there. But if I/We didn't get any job within that period our life will b just like HELL!!!

so please advice which places would be better for us or most suitable considering all scenario stated above.extremely sorry for this long writing.

Thanks

Summerr

Jun 28, 2010
Ontario
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14 NOV 2013
Doc's Request.
15 May 2014(reminder mail) and 11 June 2014(specifics)
Nomination.....
1 Oct 2013
AOR Received.
7 January 2014
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
7 January 2014
Interview........
No Interview but Decision Made on July 7
LANDED..........
Inland
White Hero said:
Hi, I m new here. Its nice to see a lot of solutions are here! However I need some expert advice regarding below...

I am an industrial engineer and my wife is financial analyst. Both of we hv 6+ job experience. she is the primary applicant of PR application as her IELTS score is higher and our application is just received this month (acknowledged). I saw, my job experience is satisfy the demand for the post of "Engineering Manager" & "Manufacturing Manager"( if manufacturing product is not an issue & my experience is on RMG sector(ready made garment)). Now please advice which place is most suitable for us to get settled and to get job quickly(of course if we get green signal from PR processing).

Please note i hv to leave parents in my country and I hv to bear their living cost (aprox $260/month). Apart from that I hv an active bank loan to settle in next 5 years($156/month). In addition my son is 3Y+ so need to think abt his childcare (if both of we go for work).

So u guys are understand in what pressure I am specifically to manage fund for living. I can manage our living in Canada for 2-3 months if we go there. But if I/We didn't get any job within that period our life will b just like HELL!!!

so please advice which places would be better for us or most suitable considering all scenario stated above.extremely sorry for this long writing.

Thanks
From what you have posted, you should not have any problems finding a job in Alberta where engineers are in good demand specially in the oil industry. The same goes with the province of newfoundland where the oil industry is booming.
I am not sure if you might have to go through some certification program to work as an engineer in Canada.

It will take you a while before your finances will settle down in Canada when you come as a new immigrant. Try looking and applying for jobs to get a picture of how things would be.

White Hero

Aug 11, 2014
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
30-08-2014
Med's Request
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
LANDED..........
15-06-2015
Summerr said:
From what you have posted, you should not have any problems finding a job in Alberta where engineers are in good demand specially in the oil industry. The same goes with the province of newfoundland where the oil industry is booming.
I am not sure if you might have to go through some certification program to work as an engineer in Canada.

It will take you a while before your finances will settle down in Canada when you come as a new immigrant. Try looking and applying for jobs to get a picture of how things would be.
Thanks a lot for ur advice :)

jatt-going-canada

Jan 27, 2012
B.C
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
august 2007
Doc's Request.
jan 2011
Med's Request
jan 2012
Med's Done....
jan 2012
Interview........
nope
Passport Req..
jan 2012 along with medicals
VISA ISSUED...
october 30 2012
LANDED..........
nov 16 2012 :D
White Hero said:

Thanks
Where are you from? if you are from states , then employers here will consider your experience seriously.
Apply for jobs online.
Only come here if you have something to look forward to.
You don't want to end up in a situation where you have nothing left .
The best place is wherever you get a job! But for the most part , try looking for jobs in alberta , vancouver and toronto.

if you are looking for a job in textile or apparel industry then i've got a bad news for you. Its declining in canada
https://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/textiles-textiles.nsf/eng/h_tx03222.html
https://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/026.nsf/eng/h_00070.html

It also says most of the jobs in apparel and textile industry are in quebec and ontario.

Cost of living is higher in all the metropolitan areas. You probably want to settle in a suburb which is 30-45 minutes away from your job. A lot of people prefer Alberta because of low taxes but brutal weather is just meh! BC is the place to be.. but at the same time each to their own.

White Hero

Aug 11, 2014
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
30-08-2014
Med's Request
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
LANDED..........
15-06-2015
jatt-going-canada said:
Where are you from? if you are from states , then employers here will consider your experience seriously.
Apply for jobs online.
Only come here if you have something to look forward to.
You don't want to end up in a situation where you have nothing left .
The best place is wherever you get a job! But for the most part , try looking for jobs in alberta , vancouver and toronto.

if you are looking for a job in textile or apparel industry then i've got a bad news for you. Its declining in canada

It also says most of the jobs in apparel and textile industry are in quebec and ontario.

Cost of living is higher in all the metropolitan areas. You probably want to settle in a suburb which is 30-45 minutes away from your job. A lot of people prefer Alberta because of low taxes but brutal weather is just meh! BC is the place to be.. but at the same time each to their own.
thanks for your suggestion. :)

i m from Bangladesh.
yes we hv a future plan & the plan is, one of we (me & spouse) will go for study & one will do a job. then one of we who secure the degree will go for job and rest one will go for study. This is the way we hv planned to secure Canadian higher degree for both of us.

Ha Ha... plan seems too interesting and simple but i know it will be very tough for implementation specifically when someone already have some financial burden. Still we didn't decide where to study or where to go etc as my processing is just in initial stage and there is 50-50 chance to get PR or not.

And my point of worrying is to get first startup job for living.

one thing i should mention here that, we get the info that ppl going to Canada with PR will get study loan(is it true? expert advice please) and that is our only key(study loan) to get higher education there.

I am really grateful for ur advice and site ref you have provided. I am going to check those and current job demand in Alberta.

I am also quite sure a lot of people followed such plan (and still following). I would be delighted if anyone notify me some loop holes or drawback of such plan & difficulties faced in execution.

My whole plan is just in beginning stage as its totally uncertain to get PR. we know, we still need to be wait for at least 2 Years to get a result as our application is just acknowledged this month.

you said "Only come here if you have something to look forward to." yes i am looking forward to secure a better future for my son, thats it.

thanks again for your valuable advice.

jatt-going-canada

Jan 27, 2012
B.C
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
august 2007
Doc's Request.
jan 2011
Med's Request
jan 2012
Med's Done....
jan 2012
Interview........
nope
Passport Req..
jan 2012 along with medicals
VISA ISSUED...
october 30 2012
LANDED..........
nov 16 2012 :D
White Hero said:
thanks for your suggestion. :)

i m from Bangladesh.
yes we hv a future plan & the plan is, one of we (me & spouse) will go for study & one will do a job. then one of we who secure the degree will go for job and rest one will go for study. This is the way we hv planned to secure Canadian higher degree for both of us.

Ha Ha... plan seems too interesting and simple but i know it will be very tough for implementation specifically when someone already have some financial burden. Still we didn't decide where to study or where to go etc as my processing is just in initial stage and there is 50-50 chance to get PR or not.

And my point of worrying is to get first startup job for living.

one thing i should mention here that, we get the info that ppl going to Canada with PR will get study loan(is it true? expert advice please) and that is our only key(study loan) to get higher education there.

I am really grateful for ur advice and site ref you have provided. I am going to check those and current job demand in Alberta.

I am also quite sure a lot of people followed such plan (and still following). I would be delighted if anyone notify me some loop holes or drawback of such plan & difficulties faced in execution.

My whole plan is just in beginning stage as its totally uncertain to get PR. we know, we still need to be wait for at least 2 Years to get a result as our application is just acknowledged this month.

you said "Only come here if you have something to look forward to." yes i am looking forward to secure a better future for my son, thats it.

thanks again for your valuable advice.
Its gonna be a struggle especially if you have kids but it is definitely possible. Daycare is expensive and probably won't be an option for you if only one person in the family is working . Canadian employers won't look at your engineering degree from Bangladesh. So you will have to take whatever you get in the beginning. As far as the student loan goes, yes you can get it but if you are over 22 , you must pass a credit check.
You can go to canlearn.ca for more info.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
steaky said:
interesting, i've never heard that reference, though i can see that as true since there are a TON of tech companies there and in the suburbs. All you have to do is drive on the 417 to know this is true. Usually i'm hearing about it being a "government town" for obvious reasons. that's where i'll be settling since that's where my husband is. it is certainly an often overlooked city. the suburbs are quickly being built up, and there is a TON of new housing construction outside the city. Mostly people say it's a stable economy and housing market because of the fact it's a government town. whenever i drive around, all i see are future opportunities as a business professional. lots of industry in ottawa, and not just food related as suggested aboved. i'm not sure if i agree with ottawa being know for good food - perhaps i'm biased since i'm from New England!

White Hero

Aug 11, 2014
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
30-08-2014
Med's Request
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
LANDED..........
15-06-2015
jatt-going-canada said:
Its gonna be a struggle especially if you have kids but it is definitely possible. Daycare is expensive and probably won't be an option for you if only one person in the family is working . Canadian employers won't look at your engineering degree from Bangladesh. So you will have to take whatever you get in the beginning. As far as the student loan goes, yes you can get it but if you are over 22 , you must pass a credit check.
thanks... ur info will help me... :)

mr.Hope

Oct 12, 2012
Calgary
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04/7/13, DD Charged-29/9/13, PER - 03/12/13
AOR Received.
16/1/2014 Interview: 15-4-2014
Med's Request
22-4-2014 Passport Req:22-4-2014
Med's Done....
28-4-2014 3rd line updated: 9-05-14
VISA ISSUED...
6-6-2014
LANDED..........
Mid Of September !!!
jatt-going-canada said:
How a new comer will ever clear a CREDIT CHECK ? ? ? , if he wants to get a loan on his Bridging course.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
mr.Hope said:
How a new comer will ever clear a CREDIT CHECK ? ? ? , if he wants to get a loan on his Bridging course.
you will still be able to get a credit check done, it's just that your credit will come up as no credit at all. to start building credit, sign up for a newcomer package at one of the big banks, and ask about getting a low balance or secured credit card.

mr.Hope

Oct 12, 2012
Calgary
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04/7/13, DD Charged-29/9/13, PER - 03/12/13
AOR Received.
16/1/2014 Interview: 15-4-2014
Med's Request
22-4-2014 Passport Req:22-4-2014
Med's Done....
28-4-2014 3rd line updated: 9-05-14
VISA ISSUED...
6-6-2014
LANDED..........
Mid Of September !!!
rhcohen2014 said:
you will still be able to get a credit check done, it's just that your credit will come up as no credit at all. to start building credit, sign up for a newcomer package at one of the big banks, and ask about getting a low balance or secured credit card.
HI
thanks for the info.
I have already opened scotiabank, I am planning to open an account either with TD or RBC after landing. could you please lemme know which offers the best inexpensive credit card for a good credit build up.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
mr.Hope said:
HI
thanks for the info.
I have already opened scotiabank, I am planning to open an account either with TD or RBC after landing. could you please lemme know which offers the best inexpensive credit card for a good credit build up.
i can not give you an answer to your question. i imagine the offer a bank will give an individual is based on that bank's policies and the individual. to know what banks would offer you, you would need to ask the banks directly. good luck!

White Hero

Aug 11, 2014
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
30-08-2014
Med's Request
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
LANDED..........
15-06-2015
rhcohen2014 said:
you will still be able to get a credit check done, it's just that your credit will come up as no credit at all.
Thanks for advice. But could u please advice an below....

if i have to proof through the credit check that I have no credit at all then does it mean I hv to spend security money (amount of fund shown to apply for PR) b4 that? or in other way

Do I get the eligibility to get study loan through credit check if i want to keep that shown fund for emergency?

Please make me clear who have expertise on this controversy..... :-\

Thanks again to all for considering my issues for discussion. :)

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
White Hero said:
Thanks for advice. But could u please advice an below....

if i have to proof through the credit check that I have no credit at all then does it mean I hv to spend security money (amount of fund shown to apply for PR) b4 that? or in other way

Do I get the eligibility to get study loan through credit check if i want to keep that shown fund for emergency?

Please make me clear who have expertise on this controversy..... :-\

Thanks again to all for considering my issues for discussion. :)
i don't understand what you are asking. i am not a credit expert. i can't tell you what "proof" you need to apply for a student loan. When you apply for the loan, i'm sure it will tell you what you need to provide to apply. if not, just apply and see what happens.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
steaky said:
its an interesting view, but i doubt the accuracy of the article. toronto has the largest share of hi tech jobs in ontario.