+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal VO Portal Timelines

odaissax

Star Member
Mar 27, 2023
Congratulations! What stream did you apply in? (PNP, CEC or FSW)? And was it express entry or non express entry?
PNP Non-Express Entry Paper Based

Honestly I didn’t know that we were supposed to apply online and I was one of the few who actually mailed it to the Centralize Intake Office last year.

CanadaVisa321

Star Member
Aug 9, 2021
PNP Non-Express Entry Paper Based

Honestly I didn’t know that we were supposed to apply online and I was one of the few who actually mailed it to the Centralize Intake Office last year.
Ahh gotcha! So they emailed you login credentials? In my case i applied under non express entry too but I applied online so i have a pr portal account.

odaissax

Star Member
Mar 27, 2023
Ahh gotcha! So they emailed you login credentials? In my case i applied under non express entry too but I applied online so i have a pr portal account.
it’s the same thing. They will add a tab in the middle that says Permanent Residency Confirmation. And there you can upload your photo and address and declare your presence in Canada.

CanadaVisa321

Star Member
Aug 9, 2021
it’s the same thing. They will add a tab in the middle that says Permanent Residency Confirmation. And there you can upload your photo and address and declare your presence in Canada.
I think it’s actually ridiculous that to just do that they take this long. It’s just a 2 second thing on their end where they enable that tab to clients (that’s us). And the portal 2 email that comes through is an automated response by the system.

odaissax

Star Member
Mar 27, 2023
I think it’s actually ridiculous that to just do that they take this long. It’s just a 2 second thing on their end where they enable that tab to clients (that’s us). And the portal 2 email that comes through is an automated response by the system.
yeah. I think they go by the days after Portal 1. Also it won’t be an email with log in credentials for you. It’ll be an email that says a new case has been added to your account. That’s the indication that the confirmation tab is live in your Portal account.