+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal QC, or Toronto ON

maktabi

Jan 19, 2016
I have lived in Toronto GTA for over a year, I like here, I'm used to the people, it's getting easier and more fun day by day. However, it's pretty expensive to maintain just a regular lifestyle. In other words, I work long hours just to pay bills and to send a bit of money to my family.
Today I've got an offer from the company that I work for. The offer is the exact position but with a bit more in my paycheck, but this will be in Montreal.
The idea of moving to Montreal always was in my interest, not only my living expenses will drop to half, but more importantly, I'll have the chance to study and practice French. Which I always wanted. I learned enough English here and my speaking is pretty good. To get to the same level in French I would say it'll take me at least two years. But still, want to do it at some point.
I have on-going PR application and I have my wife and daughter included, They live abroad and can't afford one more day delay to be caused by moving to Montreal.
What do you think, would it be an issue for my PR application if I move to Montreal?
What other legal things should I consider by moving?
Your opinions and knowledge are appreciated.

Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you have legal aid I would check with your lawyer because legal aid is provincial. It does sound like you may not longer need a lawyer so then there wouldn't be a problem. I wouls also look at the requirements for a driver's license if you need one. Are you able to get one? Do you need to undertstand French?

Reactions: maktabi

maktabi

Jan 19, 2016
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I drive I'll be looking at how to exchange my driving license, I think it won't be a big deal. About my job, no it doesn't require to understand French. And I also don't have legal aid.
If I decide to move to Montreal, Do you think my PR application that's been for over a year will be transferred possibly to another office and therefore could add up on processing time?

phelmz

Mar 17, 2018
I have lived in Toronto GTA for over a year, I like here, I'm used to the people, it's getting easier and more fun day by day. However, it's pretty expensive to maintain just a regular lifestyle. In other words, I work long hours just to pay bills and to send a bit of money to my family.
Today I've got an offer from the company that I work for. The offer is the exact position but with a bit more in my paycheck, but this will be in Montreal.
The idea of moving to Montreal always was in my interest, not only my living expenses will drop to half, but more importantly, I'll have the chance to study and practice French. Which I always wanted. I learned enough English here and my speaking is pretty good. To get to the same level in French I would say it'll take me at least two years. But still, want to do it at some point.
I have on-going PR application and I have my wife and daughter included, They live abroad and can't afford one more day delay to be caused by moving to Montreal.
What do you think, would it be an issue for my PR application if I move to Montreal?
What other legal things should I consider by moving?
Your opinions and knowledge are appreciated.

Thank you.
Hello. If I may ask, why didn't you seek asylum with your wife and children.