+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Portal 2 Delay - Track Timelines Here!!!

ExcaliburJo

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Given that many folks are waiting for as long as 17 - 19 days for portal credential emails from Montreal VO (portal 2) after confirming their details, I thought it'd be good to create a single thread (regardless of stream) to track portal 2 timelines from Montreal and see if we can establish any patterns or help each other get past this queue faster. Other VOs (Etobicoke & Calgary) are issuing portal 2 in 1 - 2 days.

I'm on Day 6 since portal 1...from the look of things, it'll be another week at best.
Received portal 2 today. 13 days wait time. Wishing everyone else a positive & timely outcome.

At the start

Feb 2, 2018
Received portal 2 today. 13 days wait time. Wishing everyone else a positive & timely outcome.
Today is my 6th day. I think I have to wait a week more for portal 2. I heard that they used to send it in a couple of days before. I don't understand why it is taking two weeks nowadays. Btw Congratulations.

ExcaliburJo

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Today is my 6th day. I think I have to wait a week more for portal 2. I heard that they used to send it in a couple of days before. I don't understand why it is taking two weeks nowadays. Btw Congratulations.
Thank you!! The backlog may finally be reducing as we've seen anywhere between 11 - 20 days in the last few days, and mine was 13 days. I'm positive yours and the rest of the folks waiting for Montreal VO will come in good time.

At the start

Feb 2, 2018
Thank you!! The backlog may finally be reducing as we've seen anywhere between 11 - 20 days in the last few days, and mine was 13 days. I'm positive yours and the rest of the folks waiting for Montreal VO will come in good time.
Did you get second time portal 1 email? I assume that if portal 1 email is not received second time means they already have our information and no need to worry. However, if we keep getting portal 1 then it might possible that they have not seen our reply.

ExcaliburJo

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Did you get second time portal 1 email? I assume that if portal 1 email is not received second time means they already have our information and no need to worry. However, if we keep getting portal 1 then it might possible that they have not seen our reply.
That's a valid theory. I didn't get a second portal 1 request.

CanadaVisa321

Star Member
Aug 9, 2021
Congratulations!! What stream did you apply? I’ve seen people who applied through the PR Portal itself and not through express entry get their logins within 5-7 days. A friend of mine who applied for Pr using the portal (Non express entry) got his Portal 2 email within 3 days from portal 1 email from VO Montreal last week.

i think because express entry applications need a whole new account created as opposed to just enabling the “confirmation of PR” tab in an existing account, this may be causing a delay.

ExcaliburJo

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Congratulations!! What stream did you apply? I’ve seen people who applied through the PR Portal itself and not through express entry get their logins within 5-7 days. A friend of mine who applied for Pr using the portal (Non express entry) got his Portal 2 email within 3 days from portal 1 email from VO Montreal last week.

i think because express entry applications need a whole new account created as opposed to just enabling the “confirmation of PR” tab in an existing account, this may be causing a delay.
Very plausible. I'm PNP-EE FSW

Muna123

Star Member
Jul 10, 2023
I just received the portal one mail again but this time in my husband's name,I received the first one on the 12th and this one is second Notice...pls what could be the cause,I hope it's just the reply botton and nothing else..

ExcaliburJo

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
I just received the portal one mail again but this time in my husband's name,I received the first one on the 12th and this one is second Notice...pls what could be the cause,I hope it's just the reply botton and nothing else..
Yeah this is typical and happened to a few people here. Just reply again to it with the same information you sent before - also may help to add in the email that you had already responded before.

Reactions: Muna123

Muna123

Star Member
Jul 10, 2023
Yeah this is typical and happened to a few people here. Just reply again to it with the same information you sent before - also may help to add in the email that you had already responded before.
Thank you very much...is it going to take another two weeks to get portal 2.

Muna123

Star Member
Jul 10, 2023
I have replied again but didn't get the usual response from them,I hope it's normal... Am sorry for disturbing you