+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal office - speed up oath ceremony.

kcharito

Feb 12, 2011
Athens, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris / Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2011
AOR Received.
28-03-2011 (Paris AOR) / 28-02-2012 (CIO AOR)
File Transfer...
01/02/2012
Interview........
22-11-2011
Hi all,
I've been invited by the Montreal CIC office (I've hired a lawyer in MTL that's why I'm going there to pass the test; I used to live in Toronto) to pass the citizenship test on March 8th. (Sent the application package on Sept 20, 2018.)
I'm currently outside Canada due to family and personal reasons .
My wife has been invited but she's 7-month pregnant and she's afraid of travelling overseas so she will ask for a reschedule.
I'm willing to go and pass the test now.
My question is the following:
After the test (considering a successful outcome of course) Do you believe that there is a chance of asking the officer to speed up the oath process and get it done in about 1 to 2 weeks afterwards?
My lawyer said there is a possibility if I'm going to pass it with a high mark but I'm reading that it's almost impossible to happen.
The ideal scenario would be to get my citizenship one to two weeks after the test, leave Canada so I would be back with my wife with the rest of pregnancy/delivery and come whenever the situation is better here
In that scenario my unborn son would be a Canadian too.
If such a scenario is impossible, it's better to reschedule everything after the delivery and come back with my wife to pass the test etc (less travelling and less costs)

Thanks in advance and I apologize for the lengthy message.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi all,
I've been invited by the Montreal CIC office (I've hired a lawyer in MTL that's why I'm going there to pass the test; I used to live in Toronto) to pass the citizenship test on March 8th. (Sent the application package on Sept 20, 2018.)
I'm currently outside Canada due to family and personal reasons .
My wife has been invited but she's 7-month pregnant and she's afraid of travelling overseas so she will ask for a reschedule.
I'm willing to go and pass the test now.
My question is the following:
After the test (considering a successful outcome of course) Do you believe that there is a chance of asking the officer to speed up the oath process and get it done in about 1 to 2 weeks afterwards?
My lawyer said there is a possibility if I'm going to pass it with a high mark but I'm reading that it's almost impossible to happen.
The ideal scenario would be to get my citizenship one to two weeks after the test, leave Canada so I would be back with my wife with the rest of pregnancy/delivery and come whenever the situation is better here
In that scenario my unborn son would be a Canadian too.
If such a scenario is impossible, it's better to reschedule everything after the delivery and come back with my wife to pass the test etc (less travelling and less costs)

Thanks in advance and I apologize for the lengthy message.
  • You can always ask, but I don't see why they would see the need to help you.
  • Generally, there is nothing wrong about having a citizenship application running while out of Canada, but IRCC is very vocal about the fact that you will have to deal with the consequences of being absent personally and that they won't accomodate much.
  • I have no clue why your lawyer thinks that your test score will help you. A lot of people pass with a perfect or near-perfect score (the test really isn't that hard). In any case, I don't see how that would help. But I don't know, maybe the lawyer has some special insights.
  • More generally I am wondering why you ask us for advice when you have a lawyer. Is there a reason why you don't trust their judgement? We are not professionals on here.
  • Your wife could only fly with a note from her doctor allowing her so. Once beyond the 7th month (or more specifically, the 28th week), those are the airline rules.
  • You can only defer your test and/or oath so much, I am not sure if they will let you defer for many months. If I read your alternative plan right, you would otherwise want to wait for at least 4-5 months to do it all and I haven't read anything on this forum where such a delay was granted.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
  • I have no clue why your lawyer thinks that your test score will help you. A lot of people pass with a perfect or near-perfect score (the test really isn't that hard). In any case, I don't see how that would help. But I don't know, maybe the lawyer has some special insights.
Agreed. There have been many people who got a perfect score and then got hit with an RQ or some other delay.

Reactions: SANAGhada