+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal office - oath invite

A

abdisarockstar

Hello!
Anybody knows how quick or slow Montreal office is in terms of sending out oath invites? All of my sections were marked as completed as of December 9, except for ceremony which says "not started". My test invite was from Montreal so I assume my application is being processed there. Thank you

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hello!
Anybody knows how quick or slow Montreal office is in terms of sending out oath invites? All of my sections were marked as completed as of December 9, except for ceremony which says "not started". My test invite was from Montreal so I assume my application is being processed there. Thank you
You are in Manitoba and your file is being processed in Montreal? Unbelievable. I doubt Manitoba has as many applicants as in Quebec to redistribute files to Montreal. I live in Montreal and and my file is in Montreal, and have been waiting for 4 months since everything marked completed (submitted file Nov. 2019), but I suspect you will be faster because you are a guest and applied later than me by 17 months, which makes your file far more important.

• Wow
Reactions: abdisarockstar

happysheep

Star Member
Sep 23, 2021
I’m a July 2020 applicant, Montreal office. My DM (all 5 sections completed. Oath not started) was on July 3, 2021. I’ve been waiting for more than 5 months for oath invitation.

• Wow

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
gosh, so I am going to be waiting for long then.
I don't think you got the moral: your file is a priority because it's fresh, and they want to say they cleared 80% of 2021 applicants in 12 months. For us, old applicants, we are not important, because our fiscal years targets has passed, and processing our applications contribute nothing to IRCC reputation. I bet you will receive the oath within 2 months if not earlier. You already in DM after 8 months. For me it took 21 months, ~3x as long :confused: and still waiting for the oath 4 months later :rolleyes:

• Sad

cobie2

Star Member
Aug 23, 2021
I would just like to say that the anguish is far from over even after you're scheduled for the oath. My ceremony is next Monday and I still haven't received the email invite. Someone in another thread has theirs in three days and didn't receive the invite either, when they called IRCC they were told it could be sent up to 24 hours before the ceremony and if not, it will get rescheduled.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/waiting-for-oath-ceremony-email-invitation.751422/post-9862113

Imagine feeling relieved seeing 'Scheduled for Oath' on the online tracker only to never receive any email invite and having to wait another agonizing 3 months or more for it to be rescheduled.

• Sad

empatio

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Guys, you're so self-pity about yourselves as if the whole world was against you. And if you feel like it, it becomes your reality and it doesn't help with anything. Getting citizenship is a privilege. Imagine what would refugees who are stuck at Belarus - Polish border think about your self-pity and jealousy over this. I wish you do not have to think about this every day and not feel so sorry about yourselves every day.