+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MONTREAL OFFICE - JUNE 2018 INLAND

dididirib

Mar 11, 2019
Hello, everyone
We've noticed that many applicants from June got their application transferred to Montreal and are experiencing delays. Some didn't get MR yet or SA, etc. What's your timeline right now and also, has any of you called IRCC and got any relevant information that you feel like sharing?
Thanks!

Reactions: Linda_s74

luckyrabbit13

Apr 26, 2019
I’m an August applicant but it’s the same for some of us who also ended up at the Montreal Hub.

I got MR and OWP in mid-November, medical passed, then nothing until SA in mid-April. No news since then. BGC not yet started. I don’t know if this just means bad luck for our batch or if we’ve been transferred there for extra review for some reason or what... it’s frustrating, though, especially given that there are October and November people much farther along now — even landed, with cards in hand!

Haven’t called because it sounds like they’re just telling people “you are still within 12 months, your file is processing.” Hope that’s true.

dididirib

Mar 11, 2019
I’m an August applicant but it’s the same for some of us who also ended up at the Montreal Hub.

I got MR and OWP in mid-November, medical passed, then nothing until SA in mid-April. No news since then. BGC not yet started. I don’t know if this just means bad luck for our batch or if we’ve been transferred there for extra review for some reason or what... it’s frustrating, though, especially given that there are October and November people much farther along now — even landed, with cards in hand!

Haven’t called because it sounds like they’re just telling people “you are still within 12 months, your file is processing.” Hope that’s true.
We called and of course the agent told us all the bla bla bla about being within the 12 months, etc. But then when he saw our app is in Montreal he asked for a minute, put us on hold and came back about 5min later and told us Montreal currently has a delay of 6 to 8 months counting from the day they got your app. It sucks.

luckyrabbit13

Apr 26, 2019
Argh! Did they give any reason? I can’t imagine why they’re transferring applications to a place that already has such delays...

We called and of course the agent told us all the bla bla bla about being within the 12 months, etc. But then when he saw our app is in Montreal he asked for a minute, put us on hold and came back about 5min later and told us Montreal currently has a delay of 6 to 8 months counting from the day they got your app. It sucks.

Reactions: Linda_s74

dididirib

Mar 11, 2019
Argh! Did they give any reason? I can’t imagine why they’re transferring applications to a place that already has such delays...
We ordered our notes back in March and got them in April. It said (and the agent told us the same) the transfer was simply due overload work share. So they simply got a bunch of applications in a certain period of time and sent them to Montreal. He also told us our transfer ocurred on March 12th, 2019. That was about 2 weeks after we got SA. Even though the SA letter is already signed as Innovation Hub Montreal

Last edited:

Linda_s74

Aug 1, 2018
We ordered our notes back in March and got them in April. It said (and the agent told us the same) the transfer was simply due overload work share. So they simply got a bunch of applications in a certain period of time and sent them to Montreal. He also told us our transfer acurred on March 12th, 2019. That was about 2 weeks after we got SA. Even though the SA letter is already signed as Innovation Hub Montreal
That must be incorrect, maybe February 12th?
Also the agent telling you that the files were transferred for workoverload is garbage, we can clearly see that September, October, and November applicants processed in CPC Mississauga are getting AIP and DM fast in 5-6 months so there was no reason to justify a workshare...

dididirib

Mar 11, 2019
That must be incorrect, maybe February 12th?
Also the agent telling you that the files were transferred for workoverload is garbage, we can clearly see that September, October, and November applicants processed in CPC Mississauga are getting AIP and DM fast in 5-6 months so there was no reason to justify a workshare...
Well, the GCMS notes also point out workshare as the reason for it to be sent to Montreal so I don't believe the agent was lying. We requested our notes again and now we gotta wait around 30 days to receive them and find out if anything has changed. So far we only have SA. No MR, AIP, BGC...Nothing.

Linda_s74

Aug 1, 2018
Well, the GCMS notes also point out workshare as the reason for it to be sent to Montreal so I don't believe the agent was lying. We requested our notes again and now we gotta wait around 30 days to receive them and find out if anything has changed. So far we only have SA. No MR, AIP, BGC...Nothing.
I meant that they didn't have to send the files for workshare if they were processing them fast. Was not saying that the agent was lying.

luckyrabbit13

Apr 26, 2019
I guess if our applications are all out of their way, they can process the newer ones that much faster... not really a benefit for us of course... maybe they overestimated the number of incoming new files they would get and sent too many earlier applications to Montreal?

Linda_s74

Aug 1, 2018
I guess if our applications are all out of their way, they can process the newer ones that much faster... not really a benefit for us of course... maybe they overestimated the number of incoming new files they would get and sent too many earlier applications to Montreal?
Yeah you're right getting ours off their pile helped reduce the wait time. Though they only sent our file there in February so its not an overestimate issue. I guess the problem isnt so much transferring for workload as it is dumping us in Montreal where they are being incredibly slow and doing nothing about it.

Div08

Sep 4, 2019
Hi,

My express entry application is getting processed at Montreal visa office and I submitted my biometrics on 19th April. Since April the status on my account is showing background check is in process. I completed my six months today. Does anyone with a march Aor still waiting? Any idea about the processing time at the Montreal office??

Thanks!!

GeekSync

Star Member
Jun 17, 2018
Hi,

My express entry application is getting processed at Montreal visa office and I submitted my biometrics on 19th April. Since April the status on my account is showing background check is in process. I completed my six months today. Does anyone with a march Aor still waiting? Any idea about the processing time at the Montreal office??

Thanks!!
I am waiting, 24 March AOR.
Eligibility not started, security not started

ShaliniG

Dec 24, 2018
Did any of you get your PPR from Montreal office till now? Just trying to figure out average processing time for Montreal VO.