+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal office: citizenship exam February 2018

Katcham

Oct 17, 2017
Hi Members,

I had my citizenship exam on February 21st and saw DM after I checked in couple of days.
I haven't received any oath invitation yet but I was told by my officer that it can be from 6 weeks to October, with an added "I don't see why it will go till October".

Has anyone who took the test on or after February 21 receive oath invitation?

Katcham

Oct 17, 2017
You will wait at least 1 more month, I passed the test on Feb 2nd and no invitation yet ...
I am sure I will, the sooner I might get it would be May but I am not holding my breath.
Any other Montreal applicants? would like to know your timeline

ThierrYUL

Sep 12, 2017
I am sure I will, the sooner I might get it would be May but I am not holding my breath.
Any other Montreal applicants? would like to know your timeline
Test on February 7th, decision made two days later. Nothing yet. Your timeline is pretty normal.

The agent said a maximum of four months.

Trac77

Oct 25, 2017
To me its not about when you got DM. It's about when you applied . Regarding oath, September, August, July and even June applicants are in line way before. Be patient.

["Katcham, post: 6848169, member: 705303"]Hi Members,

I had my citizenship exam on February 21st and saw DM after I checked in couple of days.
I haven't received any oath invitation yet but I was told by my officer that it can be from 6 weeks to October, with an added "I don't see why it will go till October".

Has anyone who took the test on or after February 21 receive oath invitation?[/QUOTE]

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
Hi Members,

Has anyone who took the test on or after February 21 receive oath invitation?
I am august applicant ,, took my test on 02/07/2018 ,, file moved to DM on 02/09/2018 ,, and so far nothing ,, I was told by the officer it will take from 3 month to 5 or 6 month if everything is normal ,, depressing

Redfield

Mar 9, 2017
I don’t understand how it works cause a collegue of mine who applied on Oct 4th got her Oath ceremony almost a month ago. They sent her oath invite 3 weeks after DM

Hitnake

Feb 9, 2018
I don’t understand how it works cause a collegue of mine who applied on Oct 4th got her Oath ceremony almost a month ago. They sent her oath invite 3 weeks after DM
So it doesn't depend on who got DM first will get oath invite. As I understand, from the pool of already DM applicants they will give priority to those who applied earlier regardless of when they got DM. Is this correct?

LNZ

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
I wish more people participated in the sheet so we can get more reliable data. From what I could find there are 14 Montreal applicants with complete information on the sheet between June and September 2017. The average number of days from DM to Oath letter is:
June 44 days
July 52 days
August 58 days
Sept 31 days

the shortest duration applicant got it after 26 days and the longest 84 days.
again those are only 14 applications so its not a huge sample size but it gives us some indication of whats going on in Montreal Office.

Reactions: Hitnake

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
I wish more people participated in the sheet so we can get more reliable data. From what I could find there are 14 Montreal applicants with complete information on the sheet between June and September 2017. The average number of days from DM to Oath letter is:
June 44 days
July 52 days
August 58 days
Sept 31 days

the shortest duration applicant got it after 26 days and the longest 84 days.
again those are only 14 applications so its not a huge sample size but it gives us some indication of whats going on in Montreal Office.
by the way bro thats a very useful statistics ,, I can see that August applicant are the one who getting thier oath letter after longest waiting time ,, let me tell you ,, I got my DM on 02/09/2018 and toady is 04/09/2018 so that means I already passed the average waiting period ,, hoping I wont exceed the 85 days of waiting

Last edited:
Reactions: LNZ

Quebecoise

Nov 10, 2017
by the way bro thats a very useful statistics ,, I can see that agust applicant are the one who getting thier oath letter after longest waiting time ,, let me tell you ,, I got my DM on 02/09/2018 and toady is 04/09/2018 so that means I already passed the average waiting period ,, hoping I wont exceed the 85 days of waiting
You gotta be one of these people who are gonna receive oath invitation for the apr.23.it has to be mailed today i guess...
You are very close, take it easy :)

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
You gotta be one of these people who are gonna receive oath invitation for the apr.23.it has to be mailed today i guess...
You are very close, take it easy :)
I do thank you for your encourgement ,, however I am not that excited ,,because I know I don't have that good luck ,, for sure I wish ,, but I am not that luck ,, I ordered ATIP on 03/01/2018 till now I got no answer back ,, and I ordered another one on 03/29/2018 ,, nothing ,, I am not optimistic

Last edited:
Reactions: vancouverbc2013