+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Office - Citizenship Certificate Pickup options?

RoseDB

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
Has anybody picked up the citizenship certificate directly from Montreal office in 2022? If yes, please share your experience here with processing time after the oath.
I have my Oath on May 6th and want to get hold of certificate at the earliest, so I am thinking to ask the IRCC officer at the time of Oath if I can pickup my certificate in person. But I also want to get the insight on the process and duration MTL office is taking to provide the certificate.

Thanks for your support on this forum.

Rudra24195

Dec 8, 2022
Montreal office
I am scheduled to pick the certificate on June 15th. I completed my oath last week (May 27)
In my tracker, it's all completed, Not sure I can go earlier and pick it up...
Any suggestions.

andj14

Mar 22, 2019
Did you guys were able to pickup the certificates in Montreal?
I received an email saying to pick it up on June 27th, but I would like to go on June 23rd but I am not sure if it will be possible.
June 27th is a Tuesday, June 26th is a Monday and a holiday for public services in Quebec, so I was thinking that the documents would be already done on the Friday before (June 23rd). It makes sense on my head and it is kind of logic, but I know that sometimes the logic does not applies to the immigration department.
Did they checked if you guys went at the exact date they asked to?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you guys were able to pickup the certificates in Montreal?
I received an email saying to pick it up on June 27th, but I would like to go on June 23rd but I am not sure if it will be possible.
June 27th is a Tuesday, June 26th is a Monday and a holiday for public services in Quebec, so I was thinking that the documents would be already done on the Friday before (June 23rd). It makes sense on my head and it is kind of logic, but I know that sometimes the logic does not applies to the immigration department.
Did they checked if you guys went at the exact date they asked to?
Why not go for a digital certificate?

andj14

Mar 22, 2019
Why not go for a digital certificate?
Well, I did not know that we have the option to chose. I was just told that it would be on paper and that we can pick it up in person at the office at a given date.
Is it possible to do that the change after the ceremony? What did you do?

Rudra24195

Dec 8, 2022
@andj14 You won't be able to pick up the certificate earlier than mentioned date during ceremony.
I asked them when I went to pick up my certificate and I was told that only mentioned date person would be able to enter the building for pick up the certificate.

Reactions: andj14