+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Neighborhoods - Explanations Please

Harlish

Nov 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For Montreal Experts :

Would you please explain where to live in Montreal , affordable but good place to live
(Please explain Using Metro Stations Map).

as i heard alot of bad places around :

1. Plamondon-Metro Station
2. Montreal-Nord
3. Beaudry-Metro Station
4. Saint Catherine Avenue

PommeDeRoute

Star Member
Feb 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Plamondon-Metro Station -Not bad. Ethnically mixed. Reasonable rents.
2. Montreal-Nord-Depends where. Some rough areas.
3. Beaudry-Metro Station-Downtown in the Gay Village.
4. Saint Catherine Avenue-Very long street. Depends where.

Of these choices, I would recommend around Beaudry or Plamondon.

P.d.R.

Hanh_t

May 12, 2012
Montreal is a very safe city but some neighbourhoods are probably best to be avoided. Anywhere on the Orange line of the subway is safe. Sauvé and Crémazie are less advisable. The blue line is good but has less trains; don't live at St-Michel metro. The yellow lines is short and brings you outside the island to the south shore. (the orange line also goes to the north shore).

The green line is trickier. Don't live near Verdun metro, still has a bad reputation. From Angrignon to Lionel-Groulx, you're in the South-West area; it`s still being developed but fairly safe to live. From Lionel-Groulx to Berri-UQAM, it's downtown Montreal -very commercial and a lot of offices. more expensive. Beaudry is in the (gay) Village. From Papineau to Honore-Beaugrand, it's not my cup of tea. The east end of Montreal is less developed in my opinion. If you like it "rough around the edges", shop on the green line. There are many hits and miss there.

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
You can also check out this link:

donutbox said:
Here is a another link too (but this is specific to Montreal and suburbs).

The Apartment Network in Quebec (Réseau Appartements et Gîtes au Québec):

The Apartment Network in Quebec (Réseau Appartements et Gîtes au Québec) is a pioneer in the industry. We offer you a wide selection of the best available fully furnished apartments for your short or long term stay in Montreal and suburbs:

Montreal (Downtown, Plateau Mont-Royal,
Old Montreal, Nun's island, etc.)
West Island (Dorval, Pointe-Claire, Kirkland, etc.)
Laval (Vimont, Laval-sur-le-Lac, Rivière-des-Prairies, etc.)
North Shore (Boisbriand, Blainville, Saint-Jérôme, etc.)
South Shore (Longueuil, Boucherville, Saint-Lambert. etc.)

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/rental-housing-in-canada-t69090.0.html

Navut

Apr 22, 2014
You can choose Hochelaga-Maisonneuve from Montreal neighborhoods with Navut web site. It's Description coming soon here ...but keep scrolling! There's lots of helpful information to check out. Thanks