+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal 2012 Applicants

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farrous13 said:
and I was stunned to see this applicant's processing time: 9 months!!! Shocked in MONTREAL!!! Shocked how come? Check row 695. I can't believe it. What's so special about that person's application. I wish the CIC would treat a lot of us equally. Why would someone have to wait 2 years while some wait 8 or 9 months.
That may suggest that a person in row 695 was a troll or info provided was not full or correct. The forum where this timeline comes from had an influx of fake timelines posted by someone. The person was posting from multiple accounts with the same IP address, though I'm not sure about this particular account. Don't take for granted everything you see.

With Ali's I'm not sure, maybe it's a new trend sending RQ after 8 months after application in Montreal, at least I can say, even if it's true, it was a highly unlikely scenario before.

RussCan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
It may or may not be. I know personally an individual who applied in late 2012 from Calgary and got citizenship in 8.5 months.

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,
Yesterday my sister received the letter to appear for the test on the 25th of Nov. She sent her application in Dec 2012 and the CIC started processing her application in Feb 2013. She checked her ECAS status and the test was there.

That's amazingly fast from Montreal's office!

Two things that makes me wonder:

1- The letter was sent on Nov 6th and she received it on Nov the 8th. 2 days! and the ecas gets updated super fast. Other applicant's ecas don't get updated that fast.

2- Our friend who applied about 3 to 4 months before she did didn't get anything yet. Natha!

Anyways I am super happy for her Grin and we are hoping for the best. I will keep you posted on what happens after the test.

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farrous13 said:
Guys,
Yesterday my sister received the letter to appear for the test on the 25th of Nov. She sent her application in Dec 2012 and the CIC started processing her application in Feb 2013. She checked her ECAS status and the test was there.

That's amazingly fast from Montreal's office!

Two things that makes me wonder:

1- The letter was sent on Nov 6th and she received it on Nov the 8th. 2 days! and the ecas gets updated super fast. Other applicant's ecas don't get updated that fast.

2- Our friend who applied about 3 to 4 months before she did didn't get anything yet. Natha!

Anyways I am super happy for her Grin and we are hoping for the best. I will keep you posted on what happens after the test.
Thanks for update, great news. There were some indications that Montreal office was quickening, e.g. times to test shrinking, earlier RQ's, but test in less than 12 months is something new, or something that was real several years ago. Keep us posted.

Montreal2013

Aug 16, 2013
Hello all!

Had my ceremony last week (Nov 6). The experience was great, exactly like a lot describe on the forum. Please update my timeline!!

Good luck all

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats :D

What's your timeline if you don't mind?

Montreal2013 said:
Hello all!

Had my ceremony last week (Nov 6). The experience was great, exactly like a lot describe on the forum. Please update my timeline!!

Good luck all

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Montreal2013 said:
Hello all!

Good luck all
Congrats! And thank you for updating.

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I myself will be having test on 27 November. e-cas was updated couple days ago, but I haven't got a test letter yet (e-cas says letter has been sent on 8 November).

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's the weird part. My sister got her letter the second day it was issued. And both letters, yours and hers are coming from the same office: Montreal. So why would the CIC office in Montreal send one application right away and hold another. hmmmm!

EasyRider said:
I myself will be having test on 27 November. e-cas was updated couple days ago, but I haven't got a test letter yet (e-cas says letter has been sent on 8 November).

Angomos

Oct 8, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My ecas was updated prior to receiving the test letter. The test letter was mailed out on a Thursday and delivered on Monday (just two business days).

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I dunno, maybe it was actually sent later from an office than ecas suggests or a mailman is tardy. Test/oath letters are not required to attend events, though I'd like to see the letter.

Angomos

Oct 8, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There's still plenty of time till your test day, EasyRider. I guess you'll get the letter soon. It's just the regular mail delivery delay. Have you started reading the book?

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Angomos said:
There's still plenty of time till your test day, EasyRider. I guess you'll get the letter soon. It's just the regular mail delivery delay. Have you started reading the book?
Thanks. Yes, I'm going to read and practice with the book 1st, which I'm doing now, after that will try some online tests.

Angomos

Oct 8, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Reading the book a couple of times with seriousness and attentiveness is the best preparation. Good luck! Keep us posted!