+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montréal 2015 Citizenship application

ajay9099

Nov 28, 2011
Hello Slovan,

I have asked for urgent processing now once it is showing in process. My application was received April 30, 2015 and acknowledgment received on June 1 and July 23 it showed in process. Next day, I got a job which required citizenship and I asked for urgent processing. I have not heard at all from them. Is it normal. What was your reason for urgent processing. Thanks. Is it normal to get test and oath in the span of 2 days in case of urgent processing.

Slovan said:
Received/AOR - 15 April 2015
IP - 15 April 2015
Transferred to Montreal - 26 June 2015
Test - 23 July 2015
Oath - 25 August 2015

This was urgent.

Maverick2k4

May 28, 2008
Hi All,

Another Montreal applicant here. My test is on Aug 27. I've not received the Discover Canada book.

Is there a way to get the physical copy of the book instead of just reading online?

Also what documents do we need to take along for the test. I'm thinking the following:
1. Passport
2. PR Card
3. Driver License
4. Health Care card
5. Record of landing

Do I need to take following as well?
1. Home address proof
2. Income tax returns

Thanks!

Icebergmoma

Jul 14, 2015
Hi Guys,

Applied from Québec but Montreal will be my local office.

Citizenship: Single
App sent: June 9 2015
App rcvd: June 10 2015
AoR rcvd: August 13 2015
Active ECas: August 14 2015

I applied the same day I had 1095 days so will see if i'll be OK :/

cassied

Star Member
Apr 3, 2015
Montréal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maverick2k4 said:
Hi All,

Another Montreal applicant here. My test is on Aug 27. I've not received the Discover Canada book.

Is there a way to get the physical copy of the book instead of just reading online?

Also what documents do we need to take along for the test. I'm thinking the following:
1. Passport
2. PR Card
3. Driver License
4. Health Care card
5. Record of landing

1. Home address proof
2. Income tax returns

Thanks!
Hi i think that you can order the book online or just call Cic and ask them to send you.
Bring just what they ask you

Slovan

Jun 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you read section 12 of the guide: Note: You must be eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship the day before you sign the application form.

Maybe they do not not enforce that strictly, but it is in the guide nonetheless.

sokratos

Apr 3, 2015
Maverick2k4 said:
Hi All,

1. Passport
2. PR Card
3. Driver License
4. Health Care card
5. Record of landing

1. Home address proof
2. Income tax returns

Thanks!
You can order the book through the following link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/discover/

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maverick2k4 said:
Hi All,

1. Passport
2. PR Card
3. Driver License
4. Health Care card
5. Record of landing

1. Home address proof
2. Income tax returns

Thanks!
You're lucky. I'm still waitng for my test invitaton.

You can order your copy from here as I did: https://smp.gilmore.ca/RunCmd?custId=1887&cmd=CatDisplayCmd&catEntryId=52791

But it'd arrive almost for your test appointment. They ship it to me like 2 days after ordering.

Icebergmoma

Jul 14, 2015
Slovan said:
Did you read section 12 of the guide: Note: You must be eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship the day before you sign the application form.

Maybe they do not not enforce that strictly, but it is in the guide nonetheless.
In fact I read that to late but if I had, I would have done the same.
CIC just took me by surprise with the announcement of C-24. My file was already done and ready to ship with the fees already paid ( I did call the call center and they told me that the rule change was for the 19th, 1 year after the queen approval).

So we'll see.

maronvomra

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
SVO received PP 17-Mar-2014, DM on Apr-12, 2014
Re: Montréal 2015 Citizenship application

Maverick2k4 said:
Hi All,

1. Passport
2. PR Card
3. Driver License
4. Health Care card
5. Record of landing

1. Home address proof
2. Income tax returns

Thanks!
My Test is on Aug-24th.

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
Someone with skills should put up a spreadsheet so we can follow the processes of everybody and start to estimate dates and timelines.

I don't have the necessary skills. Whoever is interested, please check the link on my signature. It's the spreadsheet for May 2015 applicants and might be a good template.

What do you guys think?

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bigudi said:
Someone with skills should put up a spreadsheet so we can follow the processes of everybody and start to estimate dates and timelines.

I don't have the necessary skills. Whoever is interested, please check the link on my signature. It's the spreadsheet for May 2015 applicants and might be a good template.

What do you guys think?
I'm from March.

na123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2014
yes, that would be extremely helpful if someone can filter the January-June 2015 trackers for Montreal applicants and put it in a new tracker. Lets keep this thread active, as after the In Process stage it will all depend on the local office.

cassied

Star Member
Apr 3, 2015
Montréal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi folks

Finally canadian after submitting twice Grin
first time in 2010 and judge reject my application because of missing days after getting a RQ and wasting almost 4years then in April 2015.

Thanks a lot to the forum and everyone for your help