Montréal 2015 Citizenship application

cassied

Star Member
Apr 3, 2015
Montréal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Babi22 said:
Hi guys, I'm from Montreal too, nice to see this thread. Let's keep it alife and up to date.

My time line is as follow:

- We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 23, 2015.
- We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 20, 2015.
- We started processing your application on June 23, 2015.

Although the application processing was fast in 2014 and start of 2015, i think it slowed down a bit now...

My wife applied late last october, it took her application 4 weeks to go from in process to transfered to local office...she had her test mid May and has the oath this week.

Mine is stuck in "in process" since almost a month and half now.
Hi
Welcome welcome. Yesss let's keep that thread alife and share everything. I think it takes some month (2-3) to LOT but sometimes it doesnt show that. So dont worry and be patient.

Can you tell us how was your wife interview.

Sorry for my english i am a french speaker. ;D

K59F

Aug 3, 2015
Citizenship Application received by CIC - 23 March 15
Notice to appear to write test received - 3 August 15
Date of appointment - 19 August 15
Date of Ceremony - unknown

;D

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
K59F said:
Citizenship Application received by CIC - 23 March 15
Notice to appear to write test received - 3 August 15
Date of appointment - 19 August 15
Date of Ceremony - unknown

;D
Good stuff,
Was this an urgent processing? Can you please provide your timeline as to AoR, in process, transfer to local office...

Thanks.

Slovan

Jun 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Received/AOR - 15 April 2015
IP - 15 April 2015
Transferred to Montreal - 26 June 2015
Test - 23 July 2015
Oath - 25 August 2015

This was urgent.

John_Dorry

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Slovan said:
Received/AOR - 15 April 2015
IP - 15 April 2015
Transferred to Montreal - 26 June 2015
Test - 23 July 2015
Oath - 25 August 2015

This was urgent.
Hello Slovan,

How have you been notified for your Oath ? And when did your Ecas show "Decision made" ?

Thank you and congrats !

montazer

Aug 5, 2015
HI BATMAN,

I HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME SITUATION AS YOU. PLEASE LET ME IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED YOUR LETTER.

Slovan

Jun 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
John_Dorry said:
Hello Slovan,

How have you been notified for your Oath ? And when did your Ecas show "Decision made" ?

Thank you and congrats !
First time - when I read the ATIP notes on 30 July, it was already there. And on Monday 3 August I actually received the letter. Ecas changed to 'decision made' on Saturday following the test.

mcgill_engr

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Citizenship: Single
App sent: May 26, 2015
App rcvd: May 27, 2015
AoR rcvd: July 15, 2015
Active ECas: July 16, 2015
In Process: July 20, 2015

grippy

Feb 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1 June 2011
Doc's Request.
additional proof of relationship
LANDED..........
23 May 2012
Did the test today and passed 20/20 at Montreal office.

There were approximately 70 applicants today. They kept us waiting in the reception room with seats available for all applicants. At 12h00 there were 3 officers coming out to tell us about the rules and let the applicants under 55 years old go to the test room and those over 55 wait in the same area to wait to be called for an interview.

The test is super easy, if you read Discover Canada even once and do the practice tests on line, you cannot fail except you really have a bad day. For the test questions, they said we cannot disclose even to our family members, or they will take action against us.

The earlier you finish your test the earlier they will call you for interview because right after you leave the room to go to the other door to be called for the interview, the officers corrected the test on the spot and hand all of your file to one of the officer. So it's a matter of luck who will interview you.

For the interview, I got an officer who looked strict but actually kind. He needs Landing document, PR card, 2 pieces of ID and all passports we have that cover the span of 3 years we claim to stay in Canada. When he was satisfied he said, "your next step will be the ceremony which will take between 2-4 months and that's it. It took me only 5 minutes.

Good luck to everyone, you turn is coming ;D

Here is my timeline
1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 21, 2015.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 1, 2015.
3.We started processing your application on April 30, 2015.
4.We sent you a notice on July 21, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 6, 2015 at 12:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

***File transfer on May 28- lot line disappeared without coming back

cassied

Star Member
Apr 3, 2015
Montréal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
grippy said:
Did the test today and passed 20/20 at Montreal office.

There were approximately 70 applicants today. They kept us waiting in the reception room with seats available for all applicants. At 12h00 there were 3 officers coming out to tell us about the rules and let the applicants under 55 years old go to the test room and those over 55 wait in the same area to wait to be called for an interview.

The test is super easy, if you read Discover Canada even once and do the practice tests on line, you cannot fail except you really have a bad day. For the test questions, they said we cannot disclose even to our family members, or they will take action against us.

The earlier you finish your test the earlier they will call you for interview because right after you leave the room to go to the other door to be called for the interview, the officers corrected the test on the spot and hand all of your file to one of the officer. So it's a matter of luck who will interview you.

For the interview, I got an officer who looked strict but actually kind. He needs Landing document, PR card, 2 pieces of ID and all passports we have that cover the span of 3 years we claim to stay in Canada. When he was satisfied he said, "your next step will be the ceremony which will take between 2-4 months and that's it. It took me only 5 minutes.

Good luck to everyone, you turn is coming ;D

Here is my timeline
1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 21, 2015.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 1, 2015.
3.We started processing your application on April 30, 2015.
4.We sent you a notice on July 21, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 6, 2015 at 12:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

***File transfer on May 28- lot line disappeared without coming back
Great :D congratulations my friend. Thanks you very much to let us know how was your test day.

Bonenza

Star Member
Sep 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My family application (my wife and I) have been sent in December and I'm still waiting for my test invite... :'(

rateb55

Apr 20, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
grippy said:
over 55 wait in the same area to wait to be called for an interview.

Hello
Do you have some information about s interview questions?
For people over 55 years old
Thank you​

maronvomra

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
SVO received PP 17-Mar-2014, DM on Apr-12, 2014
Hi all,

Got my letter yesterday for the citizenship test on Aug24. Time 07:46 .. I think it means 7:46 AM and not PM :)

My TimeLine:
- App received Apr-09
- got acknowledgement Apr-23
- Start processing on June-09
- Your file was transferred to the responsible for your area on Jun23, 2015. The office responsible for your area will contact you.

Thanks.

cassied

Star Member
Apr 3, 2015
Montréal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maronvomra said:
Hi all,

Got my letter yesterday for the citizenship test on Aug24. Time 07:46 .. I think it means 7:46 AM and not PM :)

My TimeLine:
- App received Apr-09
- got acknowledgement Apr-23
- Start processing on June-09
- Your file was transferred to the responsible for your area on Jun23, 2015. The office responsible for your area will contact you.

Thanks.
Congratulations and please dont forget to share your experience.