+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Money to show for Study Permit Extension

krishna88

Star Member
Dec 26, 2016
Hi,

How much money do I have to show while I am applying for study permit extension, and how long money should be staying in my account.

Thank You

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi Krishna,

Not sure how much we need to show.

When I have applied for my study permit extension, I showed them $3000 CAD in my account. In addition, I have just submitted only one paper that shows I have current balance $3000.

apoorvab

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to show enough to cover tuition fees + living costs for the remainder of your program. If you have one year left, then you need to show enough funds to support yourself for that year.

pd_IT

Star Member
Nov 13, 2012
apoorvab said:
You need to show enough to cover tuition fees + living costs for the remainder of your program. If you have one year left, then you need to show enough funds to support yourself for that year.
Hi Apoorva,

IS that Right?
Because as pointed out in the previous post, even i have also only heard of the saying that its enough to show funds to the tune of 3000 CAD. As we should have been able to start our off-campus work by then and so ought to be able to provide for our living expenses our-selves.
Please let me know if you speak from your own experience or from someone else s u know.Kindly do not mistake, as i am trying to get the facts right, because i have the need to.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

pd_IT said:
Hi Apoorva,

IS that Right?
Because as pointed out in the previous post, even i have also only heard of the saying that its enough to show funds to the tune of 3000 CAD. As we should have been able to start our off-campus work by then and so ought to be able to provide for our living expenses our-selves.
Please let me know if you speak from your own experience or from someone else s u know.Kindly do not mistake, as i am trying to get the facts right, because i have the need to.
1. Yes, that is correct. You must show sufficient funds for the tuition and living expenses for 1 year for the extension. There is no guarantee that you would get or keep an off campus job.

Papa Bomboy

Jan 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi $3000 should just be OK. We used to renew our study permit with under 3k.

My cousin recently renewed his study with a $2000 bank balance.

Nothing wrong with showing more if you have but the above is based on my experience.

apoorvab

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes I am speaking from experience although I only needed the extension for 4 months and hence didn't have to show a lot of money. If you currently have a job and are suporting yourself, then submit a letter showing your employment and how much you are making and thus have an income to support yourself. It's always better to give CIC more information and show more money than they require because sometimes its almost like they are looking for reasons to reject your application.

pd_IT

Star Member
Nov 13, 2012
Thanks Papa, for giving exactly the kind of response i was looking for.. :D

Thanks apoorva for weighing in..

Thanks PMM, only very reasonable..

JohnRich30

May 26, 2016
My spouse and I work and I pay my school in instalments. Just wondering why do we have to show a proof of 14 thousand dollars. It seems irreal, not even domestic students have it!

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
My spouse and I work and I pay my school in instalments. Just wondering why do we have to show a proof of 14 thousand dollars. It seems irreal, not even domestic students have it!
The last response here is from 2017, might do you better to create a new thread with complete details like what are you applying for.

Iram0608

Dec 4, 2019
Hi Guys,

My visa will expire soon. My wife is dependent to my visa. Do we need to show money for each of our bank account? How much is it going to be? Can we also add a document that she has a full time job and earning money from it and I also have a partime job. Can someone advise please?

Resa Ahmed

Nov 17, 2020
Hi Guys,

My visa will expire soon. My wife is dependent to my visa. Do we need to show money for each of our bank account? How much is it going to be? Can we also add a document that she has a full time job and earning money from it and I also have a partime job. Can someone advise please?
Hi, can you please let me know what is the amount of money you have shown for study permit and owp extension?

RanjeetaM

Jan 19, 2022
I only require an extension for only 4 months, my last term. My school payments are all made, and I work part-time. I am unsure how much I should show as my proof of funds. Wherever I see online they say I require 10k$ except for this platform. Answers here make sense, that I need to show funds for those 4 months only. Can anyone confirm this?
When I came in late 2017, I made a GIC of 10k for a year (~835/month). Is that the amount I should consider now too?

Tamam300

Dec 23, 2021
I only require an extension for only 4 months, my last term. My school payments are all made, and I work part-time. I am unsure how much I should show as my proof of funds. Wherever I see online they say I require 10k$ except for this platform. Answers here make sense, that I need to show funds for those 4 months only. Can anyone confirm this?
When I came in late 2017, I made a GIC of 10k for a year (~835/month). Is that the amount I should consider now too?
Hey i have the same question too, can anyone answer if they can?