+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

money in a bank for visitor visa

riva21

Mar 22, 2012
good day! i would like to ask for some help, me and my sister is now completing all our requirements for tourist visa, and we will join in a group or Trafalgar tour for canada, we already have itinerary and we already reserve for our slot for this, my sister is currently studying for college and we will do this during her summer vacation. while im doing a business since 2009 after i graduated. but i am confused about one of my bank accounts that is 1 of the requirements to have for applying in a tourist visa because i deposit it in a rural bank or small bank here in Philippines which is located in our town, it is about 10 years active and i started to deposit a big amount since 2009 after i graduated, the total amount i have in that bank is around 24,000 in US dollars. and i have a joint account with my mother that has around 32,000 US dollars and it has a transaction in which the money flows in and out every week. my questions are:
1. is it enough for me and my sister to convince the embassy to grant us a visa?
2. i am afraid the embassy will not believe in a rural bank, should i transfer my money in a big bank and just show my old accounts and just explain that i did it for them not to think that my bank account is not true?or would this be a disadvantaged and the embassy would think that it is just for a visa purpose?
3. what is the papers that we need to submit for my sister that is currently a student?

any answers will be appreciated. i am hoping for a response.. thanks and god bless!

Jollibee

May 26, 2015
Hi there I just read your notes it just happen that I just recently searching about require to to help my brother to vist Canada. I wonder if you guys were able to visit Canada after all that preparation.
I would appreciate any feedback that will help me to decide what to do for my brother application.