+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mom's supervisa and passport is expiring on Jan 23, 2021...plz help

jagannath

Star Member
May 11, 2012
Hi All,

I'm a Canadian citizen.

My mom's supervisa and passport is expiring on Jan 23, 2021. I'm planning to book her tickets from India to Canada on Oct16, 2020.

Will she be allowed entry just more than 3 months before passport expiry?

If yes, once she is here, can I apply for a new visitor visa for more 6 months before her supervisa expires?

Thanks in advance.

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Hi All,

I'm a Canadian citizen.

My mom's supervisa and passport is expiring on Jan 23, 2021. I'm planning to book her tickets from India to Canada on Oct16, 2020.

Will she be allowed entry just more than 3 months before passport expiry?

If yes, once she is here, can I apply for a new visitor visa for more 6 months before her supervisa expires?

Thanks in advance.
Not sure about if she will be allowed to enter Canada, but I would recommend you to renew her passport and apply for another SuperVisa before it expires. You cannot renew Super Visa for her if she is in Canada.

jagannath

Star Member
May 11, 2012
Supervisa applications in India are on hold. I have seen applications not processed since March. Also biometric centres are closed due to covid19.

Can someone in this forum provide the required answer?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
She will need a valid passport to remain in Canada or extend her stay. They won’t extend a stay beyond passport validity. They will (consider) extending her stay if she has a new passport.

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Supervisa applications in India are on hold. I have seen applications not processed since March. Also biometric centres are closed due to covid19.

Can someone in this forum provide the required answer?
Then best is get a flight to Canada ASAP and do the passport renew as soon as she came (don't forget to get a Super Visa Insurance). Once you received the new passport. Apply for visitor stay extension (currently all TRV applications are exempt from Biometrics in Canada).

NOTE: If possible at the port of entry ask for 2 year stamp. If she got it, you do not need to apply for extension. (My parents got 2-year date written by Officer, till Dec 2021 even though their passports are expiring in Dec 2020).

Reactions: jagannath

jagannath

Star Member
May 11, 2012
Then best is get a flight to Canada ASAP and do the passport renew as soon as she came (don't forget to get a Super Visa Insurance). Once you received the new passport. Apply for visitor stay extension (currently all TRV applications are exempt from Biometrics in Canada).

NOTE: If possible at the port of entry ask for 2 year stamp. If she got it, you do not need to apply for extension. (My parents got 2-year date written by Officer, till Dec 2021 even though their passports are expiring in Dec 2020).
Thanks a ton Paul. This really helps. Appreciate it :)

jagannath

Star Member
May 11, 2012

Did you apply for your parents new passport? If yes, did you go through BLS or Indian consulate and how much time it took?

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Did you apply for your parents new passport? If yes, did you go through BLS or Indian consulate and how much time it took?
Yes, last month, I did it through BLS and it took around 5 weeks. (This also depends on the police check they conduct at your India home address. Passport authorities recently started doing this for renewals as well. Some applicants also got the passport back in 2-3 weeks)

Reactions: jagannath

jagannath

Star Member
May 11, 2012
Yes, last month, I did it through BLS and it took around 5 weeks. (This also depends on the police check they conduct at your India home address. Passport authorities recently started doing this for renewals as well. Some applicants also got the passport back in 2-3 weeks)
Ok buddy. Thanks so much for the info. Can't thank you enough

Reactions: Paul09