+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mom was born in Canada but moved to another country. Can she get passport?

uzayrn

Nov 15, 2019
Hello everyone,
I have a question regarding the Canadian passport.
My mother was born in Canada (Toronto) and she has her birth certificate issued in Toronto. However, she moved to Pakistan after being born there. Her father (my grand parent) was also a Canadian citizen during the time of her birth.
My mother has never lived in Canada but she wishes to apply for a Canadian passport now and I would like to know if she will get her passport based on the birth registration certificate since she is a Canadian by birth.
If yes, then is there any other document required to prove her citizenship for the passport application or the birth registration certificate is sufficient?

Thanks

Aby444

Oct 10, 2014
Abuja
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16 - 05- 2016
LANDED..........
JUNE 26, 2016
Hello everyone,
My mother was born in Canada (Toronto) and she has her birth certificate issued in Toronto. However, she moved to Pakistan after being born there. Her father (my grand parent) was also a Canadian citizen during the time of her birth.
My mother has never lived in Canada but she wishes to apply for a Canadian passport now and I would like to know if she will get her passport based on the birth registration certificate since she is a Canadian by birth.
If yes, then is there any other document required to prove her citizenship for the passport application or the birth registration certificate is sufficient?

Thanks
check out the govt site - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/new-adult-passport/apply.html

uzayrn

Nov 15, 2019
I've done alot of research. Just needed some personal experience from anyone since my mom has not traveled to Canada in like 45 years

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

I've done alot of research. Just needed some personal experience from anyone since my mom has not traveled to Canada in like 45 years

1. As long as she wasn't the child of a diplomat, and hasn't renounced her citizenship. Then she is a Canadian citizen, and can apply for a PP with her birth certificate.

ahmed5

Sep 7, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24 - 12 - 2014
Nomination.....
PER 21 - 03 - 2015
AOR Received.
11 - 05 - 2015
IELTS Request
8 ( send with application )
Med's Request
06 - 08 - 2015
Med's Done....
11 - 08 -2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 - 10 - 2015
VISA ISSUED...
18- 10 - 2015
LANDED..........
09 / 02 / 2016
Yes she can .

juve

Star Member
May 19, 2016
Hello everyone,

Thanks
Birth certificate is enough .. check with the Canadian Embassy in your country for any other documents.