+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mom visitor visa got refused

supergirl007

Apr 8, 2019
I applied for my mom’s visitor visa on June 2021 and again I applied around November 2021 with the same documents which I used for June Application.
My mom passed the medical. But my mom’s visa got refused on March 2022.
Financial Balance - $10,000
Purpose of visit was - meeting daughter and daughter’s kids ( I was pregnant at that time)
She is from India.

I wrote the invitation letter but I did not get it attested by lawyer.

This was the reply which she got from

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

I am planning to apply again with enough funds and now purpose of visit is my brother got married in Canada and now we are throwing a huge party and wants mom to be here with us.
Please, kindly guide me through with this

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I applied for my mom’s visitor visa on June 2021 and again I applied around November 2021 with the same documents which I used for June Application.
Purpose of visit was - meeting daughter and her kids ( I was pregnant at that time)
She is from India.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada’s at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

I am planning to apply again with enough funds and now purpose of visit is my brother got married in Canada and now we are throwing a huge party and wants mom to be here with us.
We need more information about what ties she showed to India, how long she asked to visit? she previously only showed 1.5k CAD but now has 10k so how did her savings change so much? are you or your husband working now?, does she have a travel history?

canadian321

Feb 1, 2022
Purpose of visit was - meeting daughter and her kids ( I was pregnant at that time)
She is from India.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

its always advisable to get gcms notes before you reapply, only then you can address the exact cause for rejection…from your post i’m assuming that your mom has only two kids n both of u r in canada, which makes her ties stronger to canada than india…attesting invitation letter is not needed n its not the reason for rejection…

btwn can you share your timeline?

supergirl007

Apr 8, 2019
We need more information about what ties she showed to India, how long she asked to visit? she previously only showed 1.5k CAD but now has 10k so how did her savings change so much? are you or your husband working now?, does she have a travel history?
Yeah, I have 2 brothers and one of my brother provided the funds for her and wrote the letter and also the proof of sending her the money. I still don’t work and my husband is still a student. Yeah, she did have a travel history, she travelled only to Pakistan for 7 days to attend her brother’s marriage and that was years ago. And now recently she is in Saudi.
Ties she showed was she has investments in India and also her husband is in India.

Last edited:

supergirl007

Apr 8, 2019
its always advisable to get gcms notes before you reapply, only then you can address the exact cause for rejection…from your post i’m assuming that your mom has only two kids n both of u r in canada, which makes her ties stronger to canada than india…attesting invitation letter is not needed n its not the reason for rejection…

btwn can you share your timeline?
whats GCMS notes?

No, I have two daughters and she wanted to visit me and my daughters. And recently my brother also came to Canada on student visa.

Application submitted online- 16 June 2021
Biometrics Request - 17 June 2021
Biometrics - 14 July 2021
Background Check - 15 July 2021

Application Submitted again but through IRCC portal - 7 November 2021
Medical passed - 17 February 2022
Refused - 2 March 2022

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
How long was visit? What did invitation letter say? So her son put $9k+ in her account? That is a red flag because it shows that she can’t afford to visit Canada with her own funds.

supergirl007

Apr 8, 2019
How long was visit? What did invitation letter say? So her son put $9k+ in her account? That is a red flag because it shows that she can’t afford to visit Canada with her own funds.
Just for 6 months only. Well, we needed something to show, we thought that it won’t be a problem since he is her son.