+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mom visitor visa for refused

supergirl007

Apr 8, 2019
Previous post

I applied for my mom’s visitor visa on June 2021 and again I applied around November 2021 with the same documents which I used for June Application.
My mom passed the medical. But my mom’s visa got refused on March 2022.
Financial Balance - $10,000
Purpose of visit was - meeting daughter and daughter’s kids ( I was pregnant at that time)
She is from India.

I wrote the invitation letter but I did not get it attested by lawyer.

This was the reply which she got from

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

I am planning to apply again with enough funds and now purpose of visit is my brother got married in Canada and now we are throwing a huge party and wants mom to be here with us.
Please, kindly guide me through with this.

supergirl007

Apr 8, 2019
Previous post is not showing. So I have posted again.

@canuck78 I have 2 brothers and one of my brother provided the funds for her and wrote the letter and also the proof of sending her the money.
@Naturgrl @canuck78 She was coming for Just for 6 months only. Well, we needed something to show, we thought that it won’t be a problem since he is her son.
I still don’t work and my husband is still a student. Yeah, she did have a travel history, she travelled only to Pakistan for 7 days to attend her brother’s marriage and that was years ago. And now recently she is in Saudi.
Ties she showed was she has investments in India and also her husband is in India.

@canadian321 whats GCMS notes?

No, I have two daughters and she wanted to visit me and my daughters. And recently my brother also came to Canada on student visa.

Application submitted online- 16 June 2021
Biometrics Request - 17 June 2021
Biometrics - 14 July 2021
Background Check - 15 July 2021

Application Submitted again but through IRCC portal - 7 November 2021
Medical passed - 17 February 2022
Refused - 2 March 2022

Just for 6 months only. Well, we needed something to show, we thought that it won’t be a problem since he is her son.

Last edited:

myindia

Oct 16, 2018

@canuck78 I have 2 brothers and one of my brother provided the funds for her and wrote the letter and also the proof of sending her the money.
@Naturgrl @canuck78 She was coming for Just for 6 months only. Well, we needed something to show, we thought that it won’t be a problem since he is her son.
I still don’t work and my husband is still a student. Yeah, she did have a travel history, she travelled only to Pakistan for 7 days to attend her brother’s marriage and that was years ago. And now recently she is in Saudi.
Ties she showed was she has investments in India and also her husband is in India.

No, I have two daughters and she wanted to visit me and my daughters. And recently my brother also came to Canada on student visa.

Refused - 2 March 2022

Just for 6 months only. Well, we needed something to show, we thought that it won’t be a problem since he is her son.
There are few problems here. One thing, you said 6 months, which is a bit long. I also applied for my parents recently and got approved for my pregnancy. I did only for 35 days. And I mentioned to give me mental support during my delivery time.( I don't need any physical support )

Your mother's ties to home country is not good enough.
1. She is already in Saudi which shows her less ties to home country.
2. All her family is in Canada
- Me and my sister is here in Canada, no other kids. So I showed that my parents are taking care of my mom's parents who are very old. Also attached doctors letter that my grandparents need support for day to day activities.
Also attached property documents in their names

Travel history: CIC is expecting some western countries like US, UK.

You don't need any attestation for invitation letter

Last edited:
Reactions: Naturgrl

canadian321

Feb 1, 2022

Refused - 2 March 2022

few things which i have noted

1) funds and proof of funds- as other person said, since the money was coming from your brother, it was a red flag that she didn’t have her own funds
2) does she have any properties in her name? like house/land etc if yes it would have been a plus point
3) how long she is in saudi? being in another country for so long as visitor without returning to home country would be another red flag
4) her husband being in india was a good reason
5) what is your n your husbands status in canada? citizen/PR/WP/student visa…? This also would have affected your application, as you mentioned you r not working n husband still studying, ircc would have definitely doubted how you are going to financially manage her stay here

Altogether, the main thing that has affected the decision making by ircc, to my assumption is the funds.. GCMS notes are the notes prepared by the officer who dealt your application, which will have more details on why that decision was made, you can google and see how to apply for GCMS notes

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Refused - 2 March 2022

What is your status is Canada.
1. Visit - 6 months is way too long for a visit. It shows she wants to stay long-term. Should have requested a month.
2. Funds - she did not show enough of her own funds for a 6 month visit. Plus her son is supporting her trip.
3. Is she living in Saudi and not her home country. If so that is an issue because she does not have ties to India. All her family except husband seem to be in Canada.
4. Who wrote the letter of invitation...you.

She has two refusals if you reapply without getting GCMS notes and addressing reasons for refusal, it will look desperate. Now she wants to come for a party (not essential reason) but her past refusals were to visit you.

Last edited:

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am planning to apply again with enough funds and now purpose of visit is my brother got married in Canada and now we are throwing a huge party and wants mom to be here with us.
The pandemic is still not over yet. Don't throw a huge party. Just say want your mom to be here for the wedding.

supergirl007

Apr 8, 2019
There are few problems here. One thing, you said 6 months, which is a bit long. I also applied for my parents recently and got approved for my pregnancy. I did only for 35 days. And I mentioned to give me mental support during my delivery time.( I don't need any physical support )

Your mother's ties to home country is not good enough.
1. She is already in Saudi which shows her less ties to home country.
2. All her family is in Canada
- Me and my sister is here in Canada, no other kids. So I showed that my parents are taking care of my mom's parents who are very old. Also attached doctors letter that my grandparents need support for day to day activities.
Also attached property documents in their names

Travel history: CIC is expecting some western countries like US, UK.

You don't need any attestation for invitation letter
Ummm, what you said is true. I made a mistake regarding that. I should have mention 30 days. I will remember that.
She is going back to India next week, she is there just to visit her son’s family for a month or two.
She doesn’t have any property in her name. She only have some investments shares on her name.

supergirl007

Apr 8, 2019
few things which i have noted

1) funds and proof of funds- as other person said, since the money was coming from your brother, it was a red flag that she didn’t have her own funds
2) does she have any properties in her name? like house/land etc if yes it would have been a plus point
3) how long she is in saudi? being in another country for so long as visitor without returning to home country would be another red flag
4) her husband being in india was a good reason
5) what is your n your husbands status in canada? citizen/PR/WP/student visa…? This also would have affected your application, as you mentioned you r not working n husband still studying, ircc would have definitely doubted how you are going to financially manage her stay here

Altogether, the main thing that has affected the decision making by ircc, to my assumption is the funds.. GCMS notes are the notes prepared by the officer who dealt your application, which will have more details on why that decision was made, you can google and see how to apply for GCMS notes
1. She does get monthly income from investment, but since we had to show $10,000 we decided to show funds.

2. She doesn’t have any properties on her name. She only has some investment shares.

3. She is going back to India next week. She was there for 3 months max.

4. Yeah, I am PR and my husband is Canadian citizen. I guess you are right, we both don’t have proper job, I used to have job but now I don’t

Okay, I will look into GCMS online.

supergirl007

Apr 8, 2019
What is your status is Canada.
1. Visit - 6 months is way too long for a visit. It shows she wants to stay long-term. Should have requested a month.
2. Funds - she did not show enough of her own funds for a 6 month visit. Plus her son is supporting her trip.
3. Is she living in Saudi and not her home country. If so that is an issue because she does not have ties to India. All her family except husband seem to be in Canada.
4. Who wrote the letter of invitation...you.

She has two refusals if you reapply without getting GCMS notes and addressing reasons for refusal, it will look desperate. Now she wants to come for a party (not essential reason) but her past refusals were to visit you.
My mom’s husband and another daughter is in India and son is in Saudi. And yeah, I wrote the invitation letter for my mom.

She only had one refusal. First one was withdrawn because it was delayed.
Yeah, past refusal was for her to meet me and her grandchildren.

I am thinking of hiring someone, I spoke to myvisasource and they said they can do it. Lawyer will do it.

Last edited:

canadian321

Feb 1, 2022
When should I reapply for the visa?

My brother’s reception is on 22 May 2022
you can reapply any time, but as i said before,if u want to know exact reasons for rejection n to avoid further rejection, you need get gcms notes, which i believe takes 30-90 days.. since you have already discussed with a lawyer/consultant, and if he is able to address it without waiting for notes then well and good as of march 1, processing time from india is 94 days

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When should I reapply for the visa?

My brother’s reception is on 22 May 2022
With the processing time from India being 94 days, saying wanted your mother to attend the wedding reception on 22 May 2022 is not realistic unless the reception date can be postponed.

Reactions: YVR123

priyankakane

Mar 21, 2022
Previous post

I applied for my mom’s visitor visa on June 2021 and again I applied around November 2021 with the same documents which I used for June Application.
Purpose of visit was - meeting daughter and daughter’s kids ( I was pregnant at that time)
She is from India.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

Hi, i am sorry to hear that. I read in some places that it's better if you do not mention anything about pregnancy or kids. That gives an impression to IRCC that your mom will stay here to work as well. Its strange but true. Good luck, hope you reunite with your mom soon!

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
Previous post

She is from India.

How much do we need to show as finance let say for 3 months?