+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mom got her visitor visa! Now, her two minor kids must be added!

Jul 31, 2023
hi guys. We have a problem and we beed your help.

My wife has received her visitor visa and now we want to add our two minor kids to her application, how can this be done? Is this even possible? If so, what are the steps?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

My wife has received her visitor visa and now we want to add our two minor kids to her application, how can this be done? Is this even possible? If so, what are the steps?
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/imm-5257-schedule-1-does-every-family-member-need-to-provide-this.279196/page-2#post-10565259

You asked this question last week. The kids cannot be added to her application because her visa is approved. They apply with their own applications but can be through the same accounts. They show their own funds, ties to return, travel history etc. With your wife having an approved visa, this will weaken their family ties.

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Your question was answered previously. You cannot add your children to the application. You must submit new / separate TRV applications for the children.

tg2001

Aug 3, 2023
Hi guys

My mom and dad are applying for a visitor visa to come visit me in Canada. They filled, validated, and signed electronically the IMM5257 form, but when they try to upload it to the IRCC website, they both get the following message:

The form could not be submitted because errors were found.
Error: We couldn't upload your file.
  • Error Description:
    Make sure you are using the latest application form from our website. You can get it by clicking on the link below.
    • Answer all questions on the form
    • Click on the validation button
    • Save it on your computer (as a PDF)
    • Upload the saved PDF document here.
They downloaded the form again and repeated the same process just in case, but they are still getting the same message when trying to upload the form.
Has this happened to anyone else?