+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mom finally approved!

dtmtz

Feb 3, 2018
Hello all
I’ve been a long time reader of this forum and wanted to share my experience applying for my mom’s visitor visa.
My husband and I had been trying to bring his parents here to visit for the past 4 years. We were students when we first applied for TRV for both parents and they were refused. Since then, we had been applying once a year, each time adding more information and documentation to our application, and kept getting the same refusals days after our application (4 refusals). We even had hired an immigration consultant the first two times who concluded there has to a “hidden” political reason why they were being refused given that we met all the criteria. In any case, we decided to hire a lawyer, and with their help applied for a supervisa for his mom alone. And finally, after 4 years of trying, we were approved.
The reason I’m writing this now is to give hope to everyone waiting to have their parents in their lives in Canada. There’s a system in place, and every aspect of the application is considered carefully. If you’re rejected, do your research and see what’s missing. Apply again. Be persistent and thorough, and don’t loose hope!
And thank you to this forum for all the great information!
Cheers!

Reactions: Sunbam13

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SuperVisa is easier to get than regular TRV but the parents have to buy medical insurance and undergo medical test, which other people find it "costly" and don't want to spend more, and if one failed the test then it cannot be approved.
And I assumed your husband is now a PR that's why his mom was approved for SV.

dtmtz

Feb 3, 2018
SuperVisa is easier to get than regular TRV but the parents have to buy medical insurance and undergo medical test, which other people find it "costly" and don't want to spend more, and if one failed the test then it cannot be approved.
And I assumed your husband is now a PR that's why his mom was approved for SV.
My husband has been a citizen for years. And the main reasons for previous denials were “ties to home country” and “previous refusals”. Supervisa has the same application process than a TRV, and can be refused for the same reasons. I think what helped our application was that we applied for one parent only (strong ties to home country), and included a very strong cover letter. In any case, with the new lottery system for parent sponsorship this is as good as it gets and we’re very happy!

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I also applied for mom's TRV at first, denied so fast by CIC lol,
so I applied for SV next, even though all her children are in Canada, she is unemployed, no properties
I only submitted our NOA, no bank statements, it was approved.