+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Modify Work History > Intend to work from Yes to No Post ITA

madhukar0807

Oct 24, 2016
Hello All,

I'm new to this forum and hope you all experts could help me resolve & assist me in this matter

Post ITA
1) During EE entry profile creation, I accidently added in Work History > Intended work in Canada as YES and subsequently

Is this job offer for full-time non-seasonal and permanent work? = Yes
Four digit NOC code = 2171
Job title = Sr Business Analyst
How many employers made this job offer? =1
An embassy, consulate or high commission in Canada? = NO
An employer on the list of ineligible employers with the Government of Canada?= NO
Employer details
Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada? =NO
Is <MY NAME> currently working in Canada? =YES
Does <MY NAME> have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada? YES
Is <MY NAME> job offer from the employer named on the current work permit? = YES
Four digit NOC code of current work permit = 2171
Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit? = NO

This LMIA information was not part of my score tally and total i calculated was 481.

Post ITA
Once i received my ITA i realized that under PR application there were additional two fields
1) Offer - of - Employment
2) Letter- of- Employment

Now, the questions
item 1- I have offer letter from my company when i first joined, this is NOTLMIA approved
item 2 - I have letter from my employer which have all the information related to my job profile name, hours/week, Annual reimbursement, responsibilities.

I don't have any LMIA related letters as i was working on open PGWP.

What should i do??
Submit my application keeping PR application > Work History > Intended work in Canada = Yes and upload item 1 (under offer-of-employment) & 2 (letter of employment) in respective fields (also in current employment field)
Submit my application keeping PR application > Work History > Intended work in Canada = No along with letter of explanation explaining my mistake.
Decline my ITA

Please help !!! My apologies for a long mail

pri27

Sep 20, 2016
Hello,
I would suggest you to decline the ITA, and update your profile, since you already have 481 points you will get an ITA in the next draw.
This way you are completely safe.

Thanks

samonfire_007

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am in the same boat. Do I really have to cancel the ITA. I am almost ready to submit my profile. I have medical booked and everything.

Wondering if it is worth the risk though. Has anyone's file been rejected for that reason?