+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mobility rights

Discussion in 'Provincial Nomination Program Immigration' started by warfr3ak, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Hi! I recently got my PR through mpnp steam. People say that there would be issues at the time of getting citizenship if I choose to move out of province. However, I wanted to pursue higher studies from york university for a specific program which I wanted to do it from Toronto. There is no pr obligations listed about mobility rights but few immigration consultants told me that it would create an issue if I choose to move out of the province. It is confusing and I want to know the correct information.

2. I've never seen anyone encounter any troubles by moving out of their nominating province after became a landed immigrant. If they really (very rare) challenge you later when renewing PR card or applying for citizenship, you can show them a valid reason why you moved which is to pursue higher education in Ontario. If they keep bitching about it, shovel the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms on their face.