+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mobilite francophone

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
It's a LMIA-exempt temporary work permit program, which will only allow to gain Canadian work experience to apply for permanent residence.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes and no. One of the possibilities for express entry additional points is a job offer from Canadian employer. One of the major obstacle for that is LMIA. So this new rule can help those with good enough French to get the job offer a little bit easier.

Furthermore, I can see rather lot of activities organised from Canadian Embassy in France - there are plenty different web-meetings ongoing there (most of them in French).
I am guessing that soon there will be update on the whole Express Entry as well as was hinted beginning of summer.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
vensak said:
Yes and no. One of the possibilities for express entry additional points is a job offer from Canadian employer. One of the major obstacle for that is LMIA. So this new rule can help those with good enough French to get the job offer a little bit easier.
You can only get 600 points for a permanent, non-seasonal, and full-time job offer with an LMIA, it's pretty clear here what counts as a valid job offer for PR:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

If Mobilite francophone is LMIA-exempt and temporary work, then it cannot be counted as a valid job offer, a.k.a. 600 points for a permanent residence application.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok,
I have rechecked it and unfortunately the LMIA is still there. However, since on some pages some updates were still missing so I might be the case that more rules will change soon.