+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mobilité Francophone

ALTN

Star Member
May 16, 2016
I just heard recently of Mobilité Francophone, which exempts french speaking candidates from a LMIA. A friend of mine is currently assisting me in obtaining a job offer within his company in Vancouver BC, the position falls under occupations level A. However we're both concerned about the following eligibility requirement:

"has been recruited through a Francophone immigration promotional event coordinated between the federal government and Francophone minority communities"
which is stated here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/opinion/francophone.asp.

Does anybody know what steps can be taken by the employer and the francophone hire to meet the requirement?

Many thanks.

hiato

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Shouldn't be an issue.. read this:

Mobilité francophone:
Francophone candidates who:
• will live and work outside of Quebec
• any destination in the 9 provinces and 3 territories other than Quebec
• have participated in a promotional event
• participated in an online or in person information session
• attended a fair (Destination Canada, Mobility Days, Salon du travail et de la mobilité professionnelle, Forum Expat…)
• been in communication with IRCC (Embassy, Employer Liaison Network…)

There's an online information session coming up pretty soon, make sure you register.. http://www.destination-canada-forum-emploi.ca/sessions.php?lang=en

ALTN

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Thanks for the quick reply hiato, very helpful!

One more question, how do I prove to IRCC that I attended an online session? is there no supporting paperwork needed?

hiato

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Glad I can help! You will receive an invitation email from Destination Canada once you register, this should serve as a proof that you've attended.. Just make sure you use the same email throughout the immigration/work permit process.

Cyrille

Apr 28, 2017
Hi There,
Please, allow me to reopen this thread as I've got some question regarding that Mobilité Francophone program.
What about someone who's already living in BC, has a job offer falling under NOC B. Do they have to meet the
requirement you highlighted in red ?
Thanks !