+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mobile Phone Purchase- India or Canada

Deltocan

May 21, 2018
Hi,

I am currently using Iphone SE. Now I am planning to move to Canada next month. I will be keeping 2 Numbers, one is of India another is of Canada. I have few questions before investing money in buying Mobile phone (as I am planning to buy Samsung S9):

Q1) Is it advisable to buy mobile from Canada, or I can buy it from India and use it there, only if there's not much Cost difference?
Q2) Someone told me that mobile phones in Canada comes with calling plans, so which is more economical, buying phone from India and take a network connection there, or buying all together a new phone with some predetermined network company with the calling plans?

Q3) And do Indian prepaid sim work in the Canada Phone and vice versa?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Google is your friend and it is not difficult to check the prices of both countries unless India has a great firewall that prevent you to do so.

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
You have issues concerning network compatibility depending on which provider you choose to go with in Canada and also warranty coverage issues. I'd recommend you purchase the phone in Canada even if it were more expensive.

Foreign prepaid SIMs may work in Canada, check your provider for information although you should know that roaming rates typically go through the roof especially for data. Your balance will be short lived.