+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MMR vaccine still required even if already completed in childhood?

elatinazo

Jul 5, 2018
Dear all, may I get clarification about the requirement to get the MMR vaccine before arriving in Canada? The clinic advised my son to get vaccinated and secure a medical certification for this. However, he completed all of the required doses for MMR under the care of his pediatrician. So is a new MMR vaccination still necessary?? Thanks in advance!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Dear all, may I get clarification about the requirement to get the MMR vaccine before arriving in Canada? The clinic advised my son to get vaccinated and secure a medical certification for this. However, he completed all of the required doses for MMR under the care of his pediatrician. So is a new MMR vaccination still necessary?? Thanks in advance!
1. No, not if you get the immunization card from the Pediatrician who did the injections.

elatinazo

Jul 5, 2018
I just called up the clinic and they insist that my son still needed to get new MMR vaccination even if he obtained this as a child. They claim that there was a bulletin issued by Canada visa office mandating this as a requirement. Does anyone know about said bulletin?