+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mixed opinions about online diploma from Canada

ahmedbadran

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
Hi everyone,

I have read before in many threads here and other sites that we can study online degrees from Canadian university for the purpose of getting points for (Two or more degrees). I know that online degrees from Canada will not give points for Canadian degree, but at least it will give points as a second degree.

I already have a bachelor degree assessed by WES, and I was pursuing a diploma in business administration from McMaster University in Canada.

Now I am very confused and worried to see others say that online degrees from Canada will not be accepted since WES does not assess Canadian degree nor we can consider it Canadian education as it was out of Canada. In other words, I cannot get ECA to prove my study since ECA is for foreign studies only, and I cannot also claim points for Canadian study as it was online.

I already finished half the courses and paid all courses fees, so you can understand my frustration :( :(

I hope if anyone has some knowledge about such situation.

Much Much appreciated.

Thanks,

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
but he wouldn't get points from canadian diploma as far as i know
I got a feedback from one fellow here that his online study from Canadian University was accepted .. He still waits for the PR. So probably no issues with such study

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
You don't have to get it assess for an ECA to get the points for two or more degrees, they will already recognise it as a Canadian qualification.

However, because you did it by distance learning you won't receive additional points for a Canadian qualification.

Reactions: ahmedbadran