+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MITT Manitoba admission scam??

usefuluser

Jun 8, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
International Student

So I applied for PG course in MITT Manitoba in August 2019 for Winter 2020.

I got an update saying that I am on waitlist (no reason why and what's my waitlist number) and if there is any vacant seat they will contact me.

On Nov 29th, I got an email saying

In order to accept your offer and secure your seat, a payment of $1,750 seat deposit + $7,704 tuition = $9,454.00 is required.

Please fill out the attached form and return it to this email address by December 06, 2019 – 2:00 pm. If your payment is not paid by this deadline, your seat in the program will be offered to another applicant.

Once your tuition deposit is received, the seat will be secured for you. The formal letter of acceptance will be issued within 5-10 business days from receipt of your deposit.

The Winter 2020 study permit deadline is January 3, 2020. If a valid study permit cannot be presented by this time, admission may be deferred to the next available intake by making a formal request to admissions@mitt.ca prior to the deadline. Failure to provide a study permit or request of deferral by the date indicated will result in a withdrawal of admission.
I see 5 red flags here:
  1. Formal letter of acceptance will be issued within 5-10 business days from receipt of your deposit.
  2. I got the email on Nov 29th means less than 30 days to apply for study permit. (Christmas holiday season)
  3. Non refundable security deposit $1750
  4. Study Permit deadline set by College January 3rd 2020.
  5. Deferral condition where I could lose my deposit $1750.
  6. Deferral has condition which says "if requirements change, I have to fulfill them, if not, I would lose my security deposit".

I have seen people doing deferrals due to genuine reasons like VISA application taking time etc. without any penalty, I smell something fishy in the process.

Lets say I do the deferral ( Security Deposit $1750)

Nobody can stop them "creating new requirements for Spring 2020".
Nobody can stop them "sending Offer of Admission when there is no time left to apply for study permit for Spring 2020".
Nobody can stop them "to put me on a waitlist again for Spring 2020".

I am not able to digest this admission process (I have helped many student in admission application and deferral).

Anyone had similar experience with MITT?

Thanks

fragrancehopes

Star Member
Feb 2, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, it's same email from their official email address and we have received the offer of acceptance with the admission letter admissions@mitt.ca