+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Misunderstood CRS Skill transferability and wasted 5 months

aravindkumarh

Jan 3, 2015
Hi guys,

Just to share my experience so others never repeat the mistake. I created my EE profile on Jan itself. My IELTS scores were R8, L8.5, S6.5, W7. IELTS points 115 and Skill transferability for both occupation and education were 25/50.

My wife did not write IELTS or acquire ECA, and I thought that's the reason for losing points in Skill transferability.

Today I went in to change the IELTS score for speaking from 6.5 to 7 and i got 25 points added to both the skill transferability factors. My total points went up from 391 to 445.

I feel so dumb for not doing this all along. Right now I am gonna rewrite IELTS again and my target is R8, L8.5, S7.5 and W7.5, which will give me overall 454 points. I am also positive as last month invitations were given until 453 points. If I had done this earlier, I would have got ITA by now I guess.

Again there are no questions in this post. Just sharing my experience. For all those folks out there with similar experience, please consider retaking IELTS examination.

Cheers.
Aravind
+65 92348014

aravindkumarh

Jan 3, 2015
I am looking for someone to practice my English speaking. Someone who can listen and correct me when I am wrong. I can probably do the same as well. If anyone is interested please do whatsapp me at +65 92348014

rahulpatel

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aravindkumarh said:
Hi guys,

Just to share my experience so others never repeat the mistake. I created my EE profile on Jan itself. My IELTS scores were R8, L8.5, S6.5, W7. IELTS points 115 and Skill transferability for both occupation and education were 25/50.

My wife did not write IELTS or acquire ECA, and I thought that's the reason for losing points in Skill transferability.

Today I went in to change the IELTS score for speaking from 6.5 to 7 and i got 25 points added to both the skill transferability factors. My total points went up from 391 to 445.

I feel so dumb for not doing this all along. Right now I am gonna rewrite IELTS again and my target is R8, L8.5, S7.5 and W7.5, which will give me overall 454 points. I am also positive as last month invitations were given until 453 points. If I had done this earlier, I would have got ITA by now I guess.

Again there are no questions in this post. Just sharing my experience. For all those folks out there with similar experience, please consider retaking IELTS examination.

Cheers.
Aravind
+65 92348014
Luckily for u the score didnt drop below 445 in previous draws....

Fitztorious

Star Member
Sep 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Keep writing until you get at least at least 7.5 in all categories. Practice speaking & writing with an native English speaker if you can and then do some practice tests to see where you stand before writing again

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aravindkumarh said:
Hi guys,

Cheers.
Aravind
+65 92348014
why did you just decide to change your score? did you put in the wrong one when you created your profile?

aravindkumarh

Jan 3, 2015
purplesnow said:
why did you just decide to change your score? did you put in the wrong one when you created your profile?
No I was helping a friend create a EE profile and noticed he got 50/50 for skill transferability factors even though his wife never wrote IELTS or verified ECA. His IELTS scores were better than mine. Thats why i went in to change my details and check

pranaEE2015

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/01/2016
Doc's Request.
20/01/2016
Nomination.....
18-11-2015
AOR Received.
19/01/2016
IELTS Request
L-9, R-9, S-7.5, W-7
Med's Request
20/01/2016
Med's Done....
21/01/2016
Passport Req..
26/04/2016
aravindkumarh said:
Hi guys,

Cheers.
Aravind
+65 92348014

Forum Members,

A sincere advice to all, please don't change your IELTS score unless you have scored it. That will be the dumbest thing to so and you may even be disqualified as this is clearly the case of providing false information.

aravindkumarh,
If and when you have scored a 7 on Speaking, only then should you change your score in your EE profile. Only changing the Speaking score and seeing that you are getting additional 50 points is not the correct way. If you repeat IELTS, you may or may not score as well in remaining sections as you did in the previous attempt.

Repeat ILETS and put your best score forward!

All the best!!

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aravindkumarh said:
No I was helping a friend create a EE profile and noticed he got 50/50 for skill transferability factors even though his wife never wrote IELTS or verified ECA. His IELTS scores were better than mine. Thats why i went in to change my details and check
well until you actually do get the higher score, you need to keep it at the lower one. if you managed to get pulled out with incorrect information entered you'd have to decline or risk misrepresentation.

Caspper

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pranaEE2015 said:
Forum Members,

A sincere advice to all, please don't change your IELTS score unless you have scored it. That will be the dumbest thing to so and you may even be disqualified as this is clearly the case of providing false information.
100% agreed.

Guys, instead of modify the score on your own profile, use the oficial tool http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

aravindkumarh

Jan 3, 2015
pranaEE2015 said:
Forum Members,

aravindkumarh,
If and when you have scored a 7 on Speaking, only then should you change your score in your EE profile. Only changing the Speaking score and seeing that you are getting additional 50 points is not the correct way. If you repeat IELTS, you may or may not score as well in remaining sections as you did in the previous attempt.

Repeat ILETS and put your best score forward!

All the best!!
OOPS I used the CRS tool to do all these calculations. I dare not modify the EE profile with false information. Cheers