+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mistakes on previous application

Trilin

Jun 24, 2018
Hey there,

I just sent out my application for PR. Before I sent it, I double checked previous applications that I had submitted to make sure the info in them looked ok. I noticed a mistake in the date of marriage (2017 instead of 2018), so I sent a note alongside the application that pretty much said that I made a mistake. Today, I just realized that I put us down as Married, Not Physically Present on the family information form. Obviously I wasn't thinking too hard on the meaning, but now that I've looked it up it definitely doesn't mean what I thought it did.

Will CIC raise a stink if there's a difference in forms? It shouldn't be too hard to see that we were married in person (Canada certificate, photos, etc) but I'm worried about past declarations interfering.

Any thoughts?

Trilin

Jun 24, 2018
I apologize, as I'm still looking for some perspective on this issue.

My only plan of action is to send another letter if/when I receive AOR. The application where I made the error was an IEC visa, so I can only hope that my error is not significant enough to impact their decision.

AlgCad0218

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
21-02-2018
File Transfer...
05-05-2018
Med's Done....
03-05-2018
Write an explanation letter to IRCC right away. Proxy marriages are not accepted as valid. Your photos will probably show that you were present but I wouldn’t take any chances and I would send them a webform.

Trilin

Jun 24, 2018
Yup, that's what I'm going to do. I gave IRCC a call and they said that it isn't a major mistake to make, and to just send an LOE the moment I link my application.