+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mistake on study permit extension application

maccyd10

Oct 26, 2015
I just received an email from cic saying my application to extend my study permit was approved, but i noticed they are going to mail it to the wrong address.

Stupid mistake it was my fault. Basically i got the numbers mixed up. Suppose my address was 1781 streetname, I accidentally put 1871 streetname.

Plz help what should I do. Will they cancel it ? really panicked now :(

maccyd10

Oct 26, 2015
Anyone have any thoughts on how to handle this? I've raised a query informing them of the error and i got a message saying they will not respond if it is within normal processing times. But the application was already approved and therefore most likely already mailed to the wrong address

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Anyone have any thoughts on how to handle this? I've raised a query informing them of the error and i got a message saying they will not respond if it is within normal processing times. But the application was already approved and therefore most likely already mailed to the wrong address
Walk down the street and talk to the person living at the other address.

maccyd10

Oct 26, 2015
So I got a message from the mail man this morning, The permit was returned to sender due to Canada post security policy. I have notified CIC of the change of address about a week ago but have had no response.

Anyone have suggestions on how to proceed ?

baljot09

Jan 11, 2019
Hi I have the same situation currently and it’s been 2 months already since it got approved and I haven’t gotten it becoz of the filling in the wrong address and I sent them an email. How long did it take you to get it changed and finally get the study permit it ur hand ? I’m really panicking. Please help