+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mistake on PR application

AliceL

Mar 9, 2017
Hello,

While reviewing my PR application before filling out my citizenship application, I realized that I made a mistake in the start date of my employment after my studies. The reason is because when filling out my application, I was told by CIC's call center that I should only list my main activity corresponding to the permit I was holding, so if I were a student permit holder, put student, if I was a work permit holder, put your work. So for that job, I put the start date corresponding to the start of my post-degree work permit. Anyway, I am under the impression that I need to correct this information in the citizenship application (question 11). Am I right? Also, after finishing my first degree, I had started another one for a 3 weeks before dropping out the same month and getting the work permit instead. I didn't mention that either in the PR application, since it wasn't my main activity and I got the work permit the same month (though IRCC was aware of this, since I had requested a new study permit before canceling it). Should I mention this as well?

What are the consequences of such mistakes?

Thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Hello,

While reviewing my PR application before filling out my citizenship application, I realized that I made a mistake in the start date of my employment after my studies. The reason is because when filling out my application, I was told by CIC's call center that I should only list my main activity corresponding to the permit I was holding, so if I were a student permit holder, put student, if I was a work permit holder, put your work. So for that job, I put the start date corresponding to the start of my post-degree work permit. Anyway, I am under the impression that I need to correct this information in the citizenship application (question 11). Am I right? Also, after finishing my first degree, I had started another one for a 3 weeks before dropping out the same month and getting the work permit instead. I didn't mention that either in the PR application, since it wasn't my main activity and I got the work permit the same month (though IRCC was aware of this, since I had requested a new study permit before canceling it). Should I mention this as well?

What are the consequences of such mistakes?

Thanks
PR and citizenship applications are independent of each other. Besides, what's done is done. I mean your PR application typically would not be referred while you're under the citizenship process. For this application list out everything correctly / chronologically per your eligibility period. Remember, overlaps are permitted, but gaps are not.