+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mistake on IMM5406/SCHEDULE A

alizz

Star Member
Sep 10, 2019
Hi

I have not received an application number or file number currently. Once I receive the application/file number, do you think I can send the webform without having the application returned to me? Will they accept webform in this case?
Yes you can use UCI number only of spouse and submit asap. If the mistake is small they will entertain your revised form. Otherwise worst come worst they will return and ask you to fix the mistake and resubmit application

vnykvjyn

Nov 2, 2016
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-05-2017
Doc's Request.
19-07-2017
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
25-07-2017
Yes you can use UCI number only of spouse and submit asap. If the mistake is small they will entertain your revised form. Otherwise worst come worst they will return and ask you to fix the mistake and resubmit application
So, will application reach AOR1 stage or it will be returned before the stage?

alizz

Star Member
Sep 10, 2019
That's the point, no-one can tell you. If they match the webform to your app and accept, AOR1; if they don't, they'll send it back.
Regarding your question. It depends on visa officer. If its not clear to them they will return. So thats why i mentioned before do it asap . If you are lucky they will entertain your revised form and will replace it

Reactions: armoured

vnykvjyn

Nov 2, 2016
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-05-2017
Doc's Request.
19-07-2017
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
25-07-2017
Regarding your question. It depends on visa officer. If its not clear to them they will return. So thats why i mentioned before do it asap . If you are lucky they will entertain your revised form and will replace it
Lets say, they happen to send the package back in the worst case scenario and I do the required changes and send it back to them-does it go into processing soon or it lies on the side catching dust for sometime?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Lets say, they happen to send the package back in the worst case scenario and I do the required changes and send it back to them-does it go into processing soon or it lies on the side catching dust for sometime?
If it's sent back to you and you re-submit, it starts over from scratch as if they'd never seen it before. Won't collect any more dust than any other submission received the same day, but no advantage from having submitted before either.

alizz

Star Member
Sep 10, 2019
So lets suppose your package is back. First you need to see if the forms you submitted are still updates ones as per cic website. If not, then you have to refill the updates form which ever needs to be changed with the updates one. Validate sign and resubmit.
If forms that you send before are still the most updated as per cic forms so now you need to change the signing dates on all forms, validate and submit. The supporting docs will remain as, but if you have done any recent western union to your spouse you can add those receipts as well.

vnykvjyn

Nov 2, 2016
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-05-2017
Doc's Request.
19-07-2017
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
25-07-2017
So lets suppose your package is back. First you need to see if the forms you submitted are still updates ones as per cic website. If not, then you have to refill the updates form which ever needs to be changed with the updates one. Validate sign and resubmit.
If forms that you send before are still the most updated as per cic forms so now you need to change the signing dates on all forms, validate and submit. The supporting docs will remain as, but if you have done any recent western union to your spouse you can add those receipts as well.
Thank you so much for the advise.
Now I have another question for which I have received contrasting opinions about what AOR means - does it mean that they went through the application and said the application is complete or they just received the application and said 'its okay'.

I got the AOR today surprisingly.
Not sure if they overlooked the mistake that i made in the incomplete application form or they decided to give me AOR now and ask for the completed form when my spouse's application gets checked n the VO during AOR2?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Now I have another question for which I have received contrasting opinions about what AOR means - does it mean that they went through the application and said the application is complete or they just received the application and said 'its okay'.

Not sure if they overlooked the mistake that i made in the incomplete application form or they decided to give me AOR now and ask for the completed form when my spouse's application gets checked n the VO during AOR2?
I'm not sure what you definition of complete vs OK is but AOR means all the required docs are there, they have not started going through all the details in the app. You should submit a web form with the corrected form ASAP using the UCI and application number provided in the AOR letter.

alizz

Star Member
Sep 10, 2019

So the first AOR ( acknowledgment of receiving) means that they have only matches that you have signed all the forms, checklist and forms are updated ones and properly validated ones.
I work for an immigration firm in toronto. So yesterday we have experienced a new thing. We submitted spousal inside canada in Sept 2020 in oct 2020 we got a temporary application no. ( this temporary app no is only nominated these days for inside canada spousal sponsorships) . So after receiving the temp app no we were ok that this might be AOR , but yesterday we got the full package back and asked to redo the family info form, as the PA siblings country was not mentioned on the form , we put the city only. But we were very much disappointed that this was not that much big deal for returning full package after 6 months of acknowledgment of receiving. They would have asked for this in ADR ( additional doc required)

vnykvjyn

Nov 2, 2016
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-05-2017
Doc's Request.
19-07-2017
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
25-07-2017
Would they consider an updated imm5406 form through webform?

alizz

Star Member
Sep 10, 2019
Would they consider an updated imm5406 form through webform?
I would recommend of submitting a revised one asap via webform using only the UCI of sponsor. There is no harm. And most likely if any officer is bit compromising he might accept the revised copy.

kingfintan

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Hello house, please I just realized that I made a mistake on my schedule A, I don’t know if it is a big deal. They ask if I have been denied before, I answered yes and listed all the countries I have denied. I made mistake in one, instead of 2017 I put that I was denied in 2016. It was a typo error. But I truthfully declared all were I have been denied. And I submitted my sponsorship application inland in February. What do I do

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello house, please I just realized that I made a mistake on my schedule A, I don’t know if it is a big deal. They ask if I have been denied before, I answered yes and listed all the countries I have denied. I made mistake in one, instead of 2017 I put that I was denied in 2016. It was a typo error. But I truthfully declared all were I have been denied. And I submitted my sponsorship application inland in February. What do I do
Revise the form, write a letter of explanation about the error (typo), and submit both by webform. If you already have a UCI it will be far easier for them to link the correction/submission to your original file.

While not ideal, unlikely they would consider this misrepresentation BUT submitting revised/corrected still advisable.

Reactions: alizz

kingfintan

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Revise the form, write a letter of explanation about the error (typo), and submit both by webform. If you already have a UCI it will be far easier for them to link the correction/submission to your original file.

While not ideal, unlikely they would consider this misrepresentation BUT submitting revised/corrected still advisable.
Thank you armoured, but are you saying I should fill the whole form all over again then make the correction and submit it via webform. Or can I just print of that particular page and send. Do I have to send a new corrected schedule A or just that page.