Mistake on IMM5406/SCHEDULE A

Jennnn11

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-12-2020
Good day, I hope you can help me. I just realized I enter the wrong birthdate of my Mother-in-law in forms IMM5406 and SCHEDULE A. I just sent the application 1 week ago and pretty sure they havent open the application package yet. What should I do about this mistake. I am really worried and felt down after realizing this. Thanks so much.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Good day, I hope you can help me. I just realized I enter the wrong birthdate of my Mother-in-law in forms IMM5406 and SCHEDULE A. I just sent the application 1 week ago and pretty sure they havent open the application package yet. What should I do about this mistake. I am really worried and felt down after realizing this. Thanks so much.
Is this for a spousal sponsorship, i.e. only on the family information form?

If so, should not be a big deal, send a webform to correct. At this point (before they've opened it), they will have difficulty matching it to the file. But send it with as much identifying info as possible and it should be linked up eventually.

Reactions: ani486

Jennnn11

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-12-2020
Yes, Spousal Sponsorship. Family Information and Achedule A as they both ask for birthdates for my mother-in-law.
Can you tell me how to do the webform, and what Information should I put?
I am really worried and scared. I dont know what to do now.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes, Spousal Sponsorship. Family Information and Achedule A as they both ask for birthdates for my mother-in-law.
Can you tell me how to do the webform, and what Information should I put?
I am really worried and scared. I dont know what to do now.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Provide a short note that there was a mistake in birthdate for the person. Provide enough identifying information about both sponsor and applicant to help them find the correct file. (If you have UCI for either sponsor or PA, be sure to put that).

You can also update the electronic files (PDFs) and upload them as attachments.

Again, relax. If the mother-in-law is not an applicant, it should not be a critical or disqualifying mistake.

Jennnn11

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-12-2020
Thank you so much. Should I do it now or just wait until I get an official correspondence from them?
How likely it is for the whole application to be returned?
Is there a chance that they would just ask me to provide additional info thru GCKEY or Webform and not to re-submit everything?
I am sorry. I am really just worried. My anxiety is too much. Hope you understand

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you so much. Should I do it now or just wait until I get an official correspondence from them?
How likely it is for the whole application to be returned?
Is there a chance that they would just ask me to provide additional info thru GCKEY or Webform and not to re-submit everything?
I am sorry. I am really just worried. My anxiety is too much. Hope you understand
You can do it now. It's possible it wont get 'attached' to the right file so you could also wait until you get the aor. I would do now.

It's unlikely (I think) that it would be returned due to this small error. It's always possible that they will ask for additional info but that won't be until later - probably several months.

Obviously it could be returned but likely not because of this error.

Jennnn11

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-12-2020
thank you so much. One more thing, when I submit a webform, what are the attachments that I need to submit? Is it okay if I scan the corrected form with the original signature of my husband since he is the PA? And what else?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
thank you so much. One more thing, when I submit a webform, what are the attachments that I need to submit? Is it okay if I scan the corrected form with the original signature of my husband since he is the PA? And what else?
Yes, the corrected form and the letter of explanation. To expand on what @armoured said I would also suggest you submit the same web form again once you get AOR with the application number, that way you can be pretty sure they will match it up with your app.

Reactions: armoured

alizz

Star Member
Sep 10, 2019
You can fill a new form sign and sent it to ircc through webform.

ani486

Oct 21, 2018
Is this for a spousal sponsorship, i.e. only on the family information form?

If so, should not be a big deal, send a webform to correct. At this point (before they've opened it), they will have difficulty matching it to the file. But send it with as much identifying info as possible and it should be linked up eventually.
HI,

I am in similar situation. I had entered wrong date of birth for my spouse's father in my EE application. She was a non accompanying spouse in my EE application. Later on, I added my newborn in the application when the application was in progress. I had to resubmit IMM 0008 and IMM 4506 forms. There, I have entered correct DOB of spouse's parent. My application got processed and I am now a PR. I was going through my files and came to know about this glitch as I am now sponsoring my spouse for her PR. Will that affect her application? Which date will the VO refers to - the one in my EE application or the ones which I'll submit now?

Can you please give your inputs.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
HI,

I am in similar situation. I had entered wrong date of birth for my spouse's father in my EE application. She was a non accompanying spouse in my EE application. Later on, I added my newborn in the application when the application was in progress. I had to resubmit IMM 0008 and IMM 4506 forms. There, I have entered correct DOB of spouse's parent. My application got processed and I am now a PR. I was going through my files and came to know about this glitch as I am now sponsoring my spouse for her PR. Will that affect her application? Which date will the VO refers to - the one in my EE application or the ones which I'll submit now?

Can you please give your inputs.
Use the correct date. If you are concerned, add a letter of explanation that there was an unintentional mistake in previous form.

No guarantees, but your spouse's father's date of birth is NOT a critical piece of information (in that does not directly have much to do with eligibility or the level of scrutiny your application would give - IRCC does not really care that your spouse's father was 57 or 59 years old, for example). This info is for identification and background check purposes and no direct bearing. [Now there MAY be some rare circumstances where it would matter, but very rare, I would think]

They are not searching to punish applicants for inadvertent errors, and this is not a substantive one. Just own up to the mistake and tell the truth. So hopefully there is little chance of any issue.

[Ritual emphasis to all applicants to check carefully - errors and typos do happen, but other ones may be substantive, and many errors will reduce credibility of the applicant and sponsor. Substantive errors could lead to problems.]

Last edited:
Reactions: EunpaKim and ani486

vnykvjyn

Nov 2, 2016
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-05-2017
Doc's Request.
19-07-2017
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
25-07-2017
Hi. In the IMM5406 form, I forgot to mention the sponsors name in Part A of the form under "SPouse, common law or conjugal partner" thinking that this is a place where PA's spouse might be different than sponsor. I realized that it is the sponsor whose name should come in the section.
What would be the best way to get me out of this mess?
Will a webform be good?

alizz

Star Member
Sep 10, 2019
Hi. In the IMM5406 form, I forgot to mention the sponsors name in Part A of the form under "SPouse, common law or conjugal partner" thinking that this is a place where PA's spouse might be different than sponsor. I realized that it is the sponsor whose name should come in the section.
What would be the best way to get me out of this mess?
Will a webform be good?
If you have already received the application number then yes you should send a revised form via webform.

vnykvjyn

Nov 2, 2016
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-05-2017
Doc's Request.
19-07-2017
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
25-07-2017
Hi
If you have already received the application number then yes you should send a revised form via webform.
I have not received an application number or file number currently. Once I receive the application/file number, do you think I can send the webform without having the application returned to me? Will they accept webform in this case?