+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

mistake on IMM5257

Jan 27, 2019
I have put my given name instead of family name and my family name instead of given name on IMM5257. I have just submitted a web form and uploaded a correct IMM5257. I have just submitted my application yesterday and I have found the issue today. I still have not received the biometric collection letter. will my application be refused for the mistake?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I have put my given name instead of family name and my family name instead of given name on IMM5257. I have just submitted a web form and uploaded a correct IMM5257. I have just submitted my application yesterday and I have found the issue today. I still have not received the biometric collection letter. will my application be refused for the mistake?
No, it won't be refused because of this mistake. Don't worry

Reactions: meysam_nejabatian

microbio1

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Its the same issue when I applied for visitor visa for my mom. I added our family name as part of her given. So two days after I received biometric request and got the wrong given name but I already submitted the webform for correction.

what happened to you after by the way? Did you receive confirmation via email? Please share. Thank you so much.

Windsorvasi

Jan 8, 2020
Its the same issue when I applied for visitor visa for my mom. I added our family name as part of her given. So two days after I received biometric request and got the wrong given name but I already submitted the webform for correction.

what happened to you after by the way? Did you receive confirmation via email? Please share. Thank you so much.
@microbio1 I have a similar issue. In my mom's visitor visa application, I misspelled her name and the same is carried into the Biometrics request letter. I just noticed it today and have submitted a webform for correction. I just feel so stupid. Did you get a response from IRCC regarding your issue? How long does it take to get it corrected?

Windsorvasi

Jan 8, 2020
I never received an update from them but during the biometric it was corrected already.
How did it automatically get corrected in biometrics? For me in the bio metrics reuqest letter the name is misspelled. Will that be accepted at the time they go to give bio metrics showing other proof ?

microbio1

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Yes you can correct it on the day she go for biometrics. But you still need to fill-out the webform and attach the correct document.

cj7

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
TORONTO
wait for like a day or 2, you will get the bio letter. it takes around 2 days for you to see the message under gckey for bio letter. can you share which country did you apply from and is your country opened for biometrics collection for visitors?

Ankur

Star Member
Jul 1, 2013
I have the same issue

I submitted my parent's super visa application on 1st March and just on the 2nd day, I noticed that I made a mistake on my mother's middle name spelling. I quickly submitted a webform to correct the name. Till today, we haven't reviewed any updates on name correction. We also received biometric letters on 2nd March.

Now Should they wait for the name to get corrected and then go for biometrics? Or can they ask the officer at the biometric center to get it corrected?
If anyone here had the same kind of situation, please suggest to me what should I do.

Thanks

microbio1

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
I have the same issue

I submitted my parent's super visa application on 1st March and just on the 2nd day, I noticed that I made a mistake on my mother's middle name spelling. I quickly submitted a webform to correct the name. Till today, we haven't reviewed any updates on name correction. We also received biometric letters on 2nd March.

Now Should they wait for the name to get corrected and then go for biometrics? Or can they ask the officer at the biometric center to get it corrected?
If anyone here had the same kind of situation, please suggest to me what should I do.

Thanks
Submit a webform to correct it and attached the form. And on the biometric you can tell the officer at the center the correct middle name.

Ankur

Star Member
Jul 1, 2013
Submit a webform to correct it and attached the form. And on the biometric you can tell the officer at the center the correct middle name.
Thanks for your reply.
Do they ever reply to the webforms?
Which form to attach?
How many days does it took to get the name corrected in your case?

akib32

Jul 24, 2016
I have the same issue

Thanks