+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mistake made on mother last name

Saed_Overseas

May 26, 2019
Hello

I have already graduated from Canada 2 years ago and planning to get married soon. My wife is Canadian and will sponsor me to move to Canada and live together, so I am wondering now about applying for PR, considering that I have entered my mother family name wrong in my previous student visa applications, will my PR application now get any effect as I had entered my mother last name incorrectly. Will that effect my PR process or immigration officers will just rely and consider official documents like birth certificate regardless of mother family name mistake in my previous student visa applications.

I really need a clarification on this, kindly advice and highly appreciated!

Note/ my parents never visited Canada and won’t come in future as they are very old.

Last edited:

Saed_Overseas

May 26, 2019
Hello

I have already graduated from Canada 2 years ago and planning to get married soon. My wife is Canadian and will sponsor me to move to Canada and live together, so I am wondering now about applying for PR, considering that I have entered my mother family name wrong in my previous student visa applications, will my PR application now get any effect as I had entered my mother last name incorrectly. Will that effect my PR process or immigration officers will just rely and consider official documents like birth certificate regardless of mother family name mistake in my previous student visa applications.

I really need a clarification on this, kindly advice and highly appreciated!

Note/ my parents are separated since I was 3 years old and the wrong spilling of my mother family name is one of the reasons.