+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mistake in Work Permit Application

kvinod960

Dec 17, 2020
I have submitted my work permit application on AUG 20th and got my approval on Dec 2nd. I forgot to attach 2 years of study transcripts. So I got only a 1-year work permit instead of 3 years. I got to know this after the approval of my work permit application. I have submitted the web form on Dec 2nd but as of now no reply for that. I am too much stressed about it as this will affect my career. How to handle this situation.

Please help..

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You did pretty much the only thing that can be done at this point, you should also call them and explain the same.

kvinod960

Dec 17, 2020
You did pretty much the only thing that can be done at this point, you should also call them and explain the same.

I have called to IRCC and explained the situation. My webform is in process and waiting for the reply from visa officer.

Exotic

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
Still no update, just waiting for the response. Do you have any idea with in how many days they may respond?
This is getting frustrating, I called them today and an agent said we are working on forms submitted between Dec 1-3.
Not cool at all!

kvinod960

Dec 17, 2020
They will say like that but they wont process anything soon. My webform started processing on dec 22nd but as of now no update on it.

Exotic

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
They will say like that but they wont process anything soon. My webform started processing on dec 22nd but as of now no update on it.
Hi, I just got a reply from my webform enquiry. It states that we have verified your info and forwarded to responsible office. Did you also get the same email on 22 dec?

kvinod960

Dec 17, 2020
Hi, I just got a reply from my webform enquiry. It states that we have verified your info and forwarded to responsible office. Did you also get the same email on 22 dec?
Yes, same information I got. When you submitted your webform?

Exotic

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
Do you have any idea what to do next? and what is exact your query?
In my case, VO rejected my work permit. So I have requested for reconsideration. Stay in touch if you get any update. My advise would be to wait for sometime as you can see they are working with reduced staff and pace.

kvinod960

Dec 17, 2020
In my case, VO rejected my work permit. So I have requested for reconsideration. Stay in touch if you get any update. My advise would be to wait for sometime as you can see they are working with reduced staff and pace.
Oh, Simply I forgot to attach my 1st-year transcript so instead of 3 years I got only 1 year. Now they are taking so much time to reply