+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mistake in work permit application did not mention previous US visa refusal. Plz help !

Intrance

Aug 14, 2021
Dear @legalfalcon and other group members, I would highly appreciate if you could give some comments about my stressful situation. I applied for a CWP from the US after BCPNP nomination. The WP application was submitted on July 23rd and biometrics were done on Aug 12th. There has been no update on my application since then only medicals passed and biometrics completed. On Aug 18th I was reviewing my PR application and there was a question about previous visa refusal on that. I did have a previous US visa refusal which I mentioned in my PR application however I realized that I misunderstood a similar question in my WP application and thought they were asking only for Canada visa refusal, and I answered NO. However as soon as I realized this mistake on Aug 18th, I raised a web form acknowledging and informing about the mistake which I did and attached a detailed LOE giving the correct information abut my visa refusal, and requested them to update my application. I am very stressed about this mistake as I understand that this could surmount to misrepresentation and I could be inadmissible to Canada for 60 months if the officer deems it as a misrepresentation. I would like to have your opinion on this situation. Will I still be penalized for the mistake which I did , or will they be able to forgive me for it, now that I gave them the correct information as soon as I realized about the mistake and before my application was adjudicated and any decision was made. Sorry for the long post, and thanks for your help.

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Dear @legalfalcon and other group members, I would highly appreciate if you could give some comments about my stressful situation. I applied for a CWP from the US after BCPNP nomination. The WP application was submitted on July 23rd and biometrics were done on Aug 12th. There has been no update on my application since then only medicals passed and biometrics completed. On Aug 18th I was reviewing my PR application and there was a question about previous visa refusal on that. I did have a previous US visa refusal which I mentioned in my PR application however I realized that I misunderstood a similar question in my WP application and thought they were asking only for Canada visa refusal, and I answered NO. However as soon as I realized this mistake on Aug 18th, I raised a web form acknowledging and informing about the mistake which I did and attached a detailed LOE giving the correct information abut my visa refusal, and requested them to update my application. I am very stressed about this mistake as I understand that this could surmount to misrepresentation and I could be inadmissible to Canada for 60 months if the officer deems it as a misrepresentation. I would like to have your opinion on this situation. Will I still be penalized for the mistake which I did , or will they be able to forgive me for it, now that I gave them the correct information as soon as I realized about the mistake and before my application was adjudicated and any decision was made. Sorry for the long post, and thanks for your help.
After you gave the aknowledgement and information before VO knows it, it should be OK now.

Refusal from any country does not affect, but hiding does.

At the time of review (last part of processing) VO verifies the information we provided in appliation with the information that has been fetched during the background checking. If VO finds any mismatch then it comes in misrepresentation and untruthfulness which leads in rejection of application and possible ban for 5 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Intrance

Intrance

Aug 14, 2021
After you gave the aknowledgement and information before VO knows it, it should be OK now.

Refusal from any country does not affect, but hiding does.

At the time of review (last part of processing) VO verifies the information we provided in appliation with the information that has been fetched during the background checking. If VO finds any mismatch then it comes in misrepresentation and untruthfulness which leads in rejection of application and possible ban for 5 years.
Thanks !!

Naira_canada

Aug 13, 2021
Did you get positive response after raising the webform?