+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

mistake in Study Permit form

fahmede

Jul 23, 2015
Hi, I have applied for a Study Permit on July 2nd (in the USA), and haven't received any response yet.

I discovered that I have probably filled out two fields in the form incorrectly.

1) Funds available for stay: Here I filled out the amount currently in my bank account (which is $1000 more than the tuition fees). But actually I'll also be paid a stipend of ~16000 CAD, which I didn't count as available funds, although the letter from the department states this.

2) Designated language test: This actually means the IELTS, but I thought it meant any standardized English language test, and I answered yes because I've taken the TOEFL (but didn't attach results). My university does not require any language test though.

Is there anything I can do, or should do?

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
hi! TOEFL is an accepted test, so you don't need to worry about that.

I'm not sure how you can amend your first concern though ... however, you do know that your funds available for stay should amount to 1st year tuition fee + CAD10,000 living expenses, right?

fahmede

Jul 23, 2015
Ah okay, so no worries about the TOEFL.

Yes, my stipend will be sufficient (because I'm also on an international tuition waiver scholarship). I just hope that they don't disqualify the application based on what I've filled in the form and take a look at the financial support documents, because there the letter states everything clearly. I also just sent them an email (with the case specific enquiry option) clarifying this.

aldosa

Aug 9, 2015
I realized recently I made the same mistake (regarding the funds). I hope the visa officers will realize it is such and will not refuse my application because of this.
I have also used the case specific enquiry form to try to rectify this, although I doubt it will make any difference. Please let me know if you have news.
Has anyone else had this problem in the past?

fahmede

Jul 23, 2015
Hi Aldosa, I received an approval for the study permit two days back, so it seems like it didn't hurt too much. (Although I did send them a case-specific enquiry as well.)

Hope you get your approval soon! :)

aldosa

Aug 9, 2015
Congrats Fafmede!
I just received an update e-mail today and they also approved mine!!
I suppose they pay more attention to the attached documents than to the form itself.
The case specific enquiry may have helped too. Thanks for sharing your experience and good luck with your program!